I Would Love It If All Canadian Teams Made It In The East

CallawaySabres

The playoffs this year are going to be loaded with fireworks if the Peg sneaks in and their other 3 brothers can keep the playoff push alive. With the Sabres all but dead, it at least gives me reason to cheer on other teams. The atmosphere in the playoffs is taken to a whole new level when the fans in Canada get to host playoffs game and I, for one, am very excited about the possibility.

Having said that, I can't believe Edmonton and Calgary are still stuck where they are. If Calgary misses again, there is no way Iginla is there next year. As far as the Oil, they are going to need a veteran which is where Buffalo might fit into the picture (Vanek or Pommer). Can Hodgson be Captain material as he leads the youth movement (Grigs, Girgs, new draft pick, Myers, Armia, etc.. ) or will it be Foligno?

The playoffs this year are going to be loaded with fireworks if the Peg sneaks in and their other 3 brothers can keep the playoff push alive. With the Sabres all but dead, it at least gives me reason to cheer on other teams. The atmosphere in the playoffs is taken to a whole new level when the fans in Canada get to host playoffs game and I, for one, am very excited about the possibility.

Having said that, I can't believe Edmonton and Calgary are still stuck where they are. If Calgary misses again, there is no way Iginla is there next year. As far as the Oil, they are going to need a veteran which is where Buffalo might fit into the picture (Vanek or Pommer). Can Hodgson be Captain material as he leads the youth movement (Grigs, Girgs, new draft pick, Myers, Armia, etc.. ) or will it be Foligno?

Jeez, you are talking about a major overhaul and keeping up and down Myers and the weak Armia... injury prone is a lot to ask as part of a new corp. Keep Vanek, Pommer is still a good leader and consider dumping some of the rest of the old guard. Still the Sabres are only a couple of consistent snipers and a center away from being a good team. That is a lot, but I don't think you dump anyone other than Stafford.

you may love it, but the NHL sure as hell wouldn't. In their efforts to grow the sport it would not be beneficial in any way, shape or form to have all Canadian teams in the playoffs in the East as it would severely reduce exposure to the sport in the states, and given players salaries of late, the NHL is going to need all of the help it can get in the States.

As for move this player or that player, no player should be untouchable on this team, if the objective is to build a Stanley Cup contender, all options should be open to do so.

Guest Sloth

you may love it, but the NHL sure as hell wouldn't. In their efforts to grow the sport it would not be beneficial in any way, shape or form to have all Canadian teams in the playoffs in the East as it would severely reduce exposure to the sport in the states, and given players salaries of late, the NHL is going to need all of the help it can get in the States.

As for move this player or that player, no player should be untouchable on this team, if the objective is to build a Stanley Cup contender, all options should be open to do so.

+ 1

Couldn't agree more. For hockey lovers, it'd be sweet to see almost all of the Canadian teams make the playoffs, but unfortunately it would be of little to no benefit to the NHL.

How about this lineup.... 1)PIT/8)PHI.....2)BOS/7)WIN...... 3)CAR/6)OTT.....4)MON/5)TOR....

Those would be some crazy fun series to open with!

Three out of those four would be must-see. Carolina/Ottawa, not so much.

How about this lineup.... 1)PIT/8)PHI.....2)BOS/7)WIN...... 3)CAR/6)OTT.....4)MON/5)TOR....

Those would be some crazy fun series to open with!

Three out of those four would be must-see. Carolina/Ottawa, not so much.

1. Winnipeg/Boston -- I would pray for fisticuffs between Kane and Lucic.

2. Carolina/Ottawa -- no big-market glamor, but probably still an entertaining, competitive series.

Archived