(OT) The Bandits

Tyrannustyrannus

Bandits start the 2012 season tomorrow with a revamped offence. Anyone else excited for the only team in Buffalo that knows how to win?

BTW, $10 tickets for tomorrow's Home opener if you use the code "social," and you can save yourself the trouble of having to watch the Sabres go down to the Islanders for the 15th time in 6 years...

If you are missing the atmosphere of the way the Sabres used to be, then Bandits games are the perfect fix

That's what I hear. My cousin is an avid fan, and annual season ticket holder. I watched a few games online and on TV last year, and honestly, I was hooked from the first one I watched.

I'm a little worried with Boston losing their team that the NLL is in trouble. The Bandits get a lot of support, aside from Rochester I don't know what the rest of the league looks like.

Toronto and Calgary are still big, and my cousin said another team was projecting a boost because they sold a lot more tix this year, but i don't remember which team he mentioned.

I'm a little worried with Boston losing their team that the NLL is in trouble. The Bandits get a lot of support, aside from Rochester I don't know what the rest of the league looks like.

Did Boston ever bring much to the table? There are way too many options out here at this time of the year for the NLL to be even a minor draw.

Did Boston ever bring much to the table? There are way too many options out here at this time of the year for the NLL to be even a minor draw.

I think they had a decent team. A league with only 9 teams is going to struggle though. Unless they changed the playoff format for this year, the Bandits and every other team in the East has already made the playoffs.

I think they had a decent team. A league with only 9 teams is going to struggle though. Unless they changed the playoff format for this year, the Bandits and every other team in the East has already made the playoffs.

I just mean did they bring much in the way of market support and money. In a league of that size, you're probably not planning all that well if you're going to rely on a city where your team will be the 5th or 6th option for the viewing audience.

Bandits start the 2012 season tomorrow with a revamped offence. Anyone else excited for the only team in Buffalo that knows how to win?

BTW, $10 tickets for tomorrow's Home opener if you use the code "social," and you can save yourself the trouble of having to watch the Sabres go down to the Islanders for the 15th time in 6 years...

Yes, I'm excited! I can't wait to see what Buchanan, Wiles, and Jeremy Thompson bring to the offense this year.

Yes, I'm excited! I can't wait to see what Buchanan, Wiles, and Jeremy Thompson bring to the offense this year.

Wiles looked great last night and Buchanan had an early candidate for goal of the year. Not to mention Tavares putting up 8 points. Not bad for an old man. I'm excited about this team. I definitely picked the right Buffalo team (and the right Tavares) to watch last night.

Buffalo

WHHHATTTT????

BANDITS!!!

Wiles looked great last night and Buchanan had an early candidate for goal of the year. Not to mention Tavares putting up 8 points. Not bad for an old man. I'm excited about this team. I definitely picked the right Buffalo team (and the right Tavares) to watch last night.

ha ha.

anyone have suggestions on discounted tickets/ticket packages for a family?

i've been told by several people i trust that i should take the kids, but i was surprised to see that the evening would still be setting me back ~$200 (for tickets alone), if i took the whole crew.

i've been told by several people i trust that i should take the kids, but i was surprised to see that the evening would still be setting me back ~$200 (for tickets alone), if i took the whole crew.

You have been told correctly. the games are AWESOME for kids.

how many tickets would you need?

McDonald has that family four pack thing. (4) 300 level tickets, a bunch of nuggets, fries, drinks for 89 bucks

McDonald has that family four pack thing. (4) 300 level tickets, a bunch of nuggets, fries, drinks for 89 bucks
thats what i usually get. me and my friends all chip in.
If you "like" the Bandits on Facebook, they have discount ticket deals all the time. I got mine for the opener for $10. You can't beat that.

thanks, all.

The Bandits are looking like the best team in the league right now.

I know it's only 2 games and I know about Calgary, but the Bandits are very strong at every position, from goaltending to defense to transition, and now the offense is looking elite with Wiles and Buchanan.

And holy ######, how about John Freaking Tavares?! 43 years old and he's putting up back-to-back 8 point nights. 4 goals and 4 assists this time!

EDIT: and Calgary just lost in OT, so Buffalo and Colorado are the remaining undefeated teams.

Archived