(OT) The Bandits

Tyrannustyrannus

Bandits are 2-0 and going into back-to-back games this weekend. They are at home vs the Philadelphia Wings Friday and in Minnesota to face the Swarm on Saturday. If All Star Games aren't for you, this should fill in nicely. All games are streamed live, free, and legal at Bandits.com!

Even if the Sabres were playing at the same time as the Bandits, I'd still rather watch the Bandits. Our hockey club is littered with grossly overpaid sissies who can't be bothered to put forth a full 60 minute effort in games or to stand up for their teammates. Our lacrosse club, meanwhile, is comprised of some of the best lacrosse athletes in the world who still need day jobs to make financial ends meet and yet would probably play anyway for free. And yes, they will stand up for each other. Remember last year's preseason game against Toronto?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9Ej0jfPlU4

Even if the Sabres were playing at the same time as the Bandits, I'd still rather watch the Bandits. Our hockey club is littered with grossly overpaid sissies who can't be bothered to put forth a full 60 minute effort in games or to stand up for their teammates. Our lacrosse club, meanwhile, is comprised of some of the best lacrosse athletes in the world who still need day jobs to make financial ends meet and yet would probably play anyway for free. And yes, they will stand up for each other. Remember last year's preseason game against Toronto?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9Ej0jfPlU4

Its tough not to compare the Bandits to the Sabres, but I wish Ruff ran his team more like Kilgour. You know they will be a good team when 3 starters from last year didn't make the final cut and 3 more good players can't make the starting lineup.

Imagine if this was the Sabres response to Miller getting freight trained by Lucic.

Brutal weekend for the Bandits. They didn't get out of Buffalo until 4:00 am and are playing like it...

Brutal indeed. However, the definition of a successful Bandits 2012 season is as follows:

1. Not be the worst team in the NLL after the first 16 games.

2. Not suffer any major injuries to important players.

3. Have an amazing game 17, game 18, and game 19.

So far, the Bandits are on pace to accomplish all 3 goals.

(Hey, I'm just trying to stay positive. It's depressing to be a Buffalo sports fan.)

the bandits - used to be buffalos only team that didnt suck

its their own fault. they had good chances to win both games and blew it. last night another defensive breakdown in ot determined the outcome. theyve made numerous mistakes at the end of both home game losses so they have nobody to blame but themselves

• 2 months later...

One of Buffalo's teams made the Playoffs! Despite not being able to finish better than 7-9, the Bandits clinched the remaining playoff spot. I guess its easy when 8 of 9 teams make it, but hey, you never know! Sucks to be the Washington Stealth!

They were so stealthy that everyone forgot they were in the league? :)

So the goalies get big pads AND smaller nets? I'm still not getting it.

Box lacrosse games tend to be higher scoring.

I'm of course in agreement with you - I've always found the goalie equipment in box to be silly.

So the goalies get big pads AND smaller nets? I'm still not getting it.

I'm guessing they altered the equipment when they realized, given the much smaller playing field and skill of every offensive player, that games would be 50-40 with scoring chances taking place every 10-15 seconds.

Archived