I'm an idiot

Doohickie

I'm an idiot because I had Dish all of last season and only got to see 15 games on TV and 2 at HSBC and far too many on a crappy internet feed from Germany. So this year I switched to Direct TV.

Now I feel obligated to watch these games to justify my stubborness and my higher cable bill.

Having to watch the game last night was a punishment, tonight it feels like a chore, but for some reason I can't not watch the games.

I find myself on this site just to enhance the zero experience I get from watching this crap for the umpteen year straight.

I think this is a cry for help. Is there a western conference team I should love? Should I give up on the NHL? The Juniors was fun but over.

I live in Erie, we got the Otters who are the absolute worst ran francise in the world. Help.

Myname is Andy, and I am a Sabres fan, though for much less time than some of you. Being only 16, my first experience with the team was post lockout. I had to listen on the radio every night due to lack of cable, and fell in love with rj's magical calls. The playoffs were amazing, but the next year we got cable so I could watch the 06-07 team. This team became my reason for existence that year with game 5 against the rangers, and Ive seen every game since. Yes I am disgusted with them now, but I have belief in Pegula and believe the cup will come sooner or later. Maybe this is a pipe dream and I am an idiot for hoping, but I like to think not.

Myname is Andy, and I am a Sabres fan, though for much less time than some of you. Being only 16, my first experience with the team was post lockout. I had to listen on the radio every night due to lack of cable, and fell in love with rj's magical calls. The playoffs were amazing, but the next year we got cable so I could watch the 06-07 team. This team became my reason for existence that year with game 5 against the rangers, and Ive seen every game since. Yes I am disgusted with them now, but I have belief in Pegula and believe the cup will come sooner or later. Maybe this is a pipe dream and I am an idiot for hoping, but I like to think not.

Welcome to the board ...

16 ... good Lord!! I have socks older than that.

Post lockout ... your frustration has just begun.

Disgusted ... good for you ... let it all out ...

Welcome to the board ...

16 ... good Lord!! I have socks older than that.

Post lockout ... your frustration has just begun.

Disgusted ... good for you ... let it all out ...

Thanks for the welcome, and you should prolly buy new socks lol. After tonight, I can definitely see my frustration continue for a long time...

My name is George. I'm unemployed and I live with my parents.

"I'm Victoria, HI!"

[/Classic TV reference]

Fun Fact: The actress who played Victoria in that episode is Michelle Pfeiffer's sister.

And speaking of that episode, I think it's about time that Darcy Regier figures out exactly what his gut is telling him to do, and then do ......THE OPPOSITE!

Scary how similar we are. I'm 17, from New Jersey. Forced to listen to all the games on the radio up until 07 when we finally switched cable providers and bought the package. I'm in the same boat, man. Love Pegula as much as you but I wish he was more of a pragmatist.

Scary how similar we are. I'm 17, from New Jersey. Forced to listen to all the games on the radio up until 07 when we finally switched cable providers and bought the package. I'm in the same boat, man. Love Pegula as much as you but I wish he was more of a pragmatist.

Yeah, that would be nice, hopefully there is work being done behind the scenes that we don't know about yet. We fans do have to remember that he has only owned the team for 10-11 months. Totally agree with your signature: summer does suck : )

Yeah, that would be nice, hopefully there is work being done behind the scenes that we don't know about yet. We fans do have to remember that he has only owned the team for 10-11 months. Totally agree with your signature: summer does suck : )

I mean I think it is because I'm a young Bills and Sabres fan that I get more impatient than others might. Every Bills season that goes by is just another year that I haven't seen them in the playoffs. Same goes for the Sabres. I'm in a state of desperation right now; I don't want to give up on this season just yet, but every game is just another crushing blow. You're right, I hope they are working something out. But as a fan who always wants to win NOW, I hope it's a deal that can help us this year, not just in 2 or 3.

Especially because I will be in college in a year and a half, so one more full season before I probably only get to see a couple of games a year for four years. If they win the cup in that time, I won't have the full experience of the season like this year or next. And about the Bills, I'm not even too upset about them, because the way I see it they just won the second most games this year since I started following them six or seven years ago lol

Thanks for the welcome, and you should prolly buy new socks lol. After tonight, I can definitely see my frustration continue for a long time...

If you want to help the frustration level for yourself and everyone else on this board you should change your avitar to anything but that Connolly character ... :P

If you want to help the frustration level for yourself and everyone else on this board you should change your avitar to anything but that Connolly character ... :P

Who is Connolly? That is my junior year yearbook picture ;)

I'll get around to it eventually, I was thinking about changing it roy or Stafford instead haha

"I'm Victoria, HI!"

[/Classic TV reference]

Fun Fact: The actress who played Victoria in that episode is Michelle Pfeiffer's sister.

And speaking of that episode, I think it's about time that Darcy Regier figures out exactly what his gut is telling him to do, and then do ......THE OPPOSITE!

EXACTLY! Because every instinct he has ever had has been wrong, the opposite must be right.

Who is Connolly? That is my junior year yearbook picture ;)

I'll get around to it eventually, I was thinking about changing it roy or Stafford instead haha

Much better avitar, but were you even born when Zep was around? Their best work is their late 60's blues based material IMHO.

Much better avitar, but were you even born when Zep was around? Their best work is their late 60's blues based material IMHO.

No I was born 15 years after they broke up. I think their best work was at any time while they were playing. Each album was brilliant in a completely different way. IMO their best was Physical Graffiti.

My name is Matt, and I am a Sabres fan. Have been for 20+ years. Rather than going into the specifics of my dedication to the Blue and Gold, I offer this epiphany of sorts:

LOOK AT IT THIS WAY, IF YOU ARE A SABRES FAN, THE BEST DAY OF YOUR LIFE HASN'T HAPPENED YET.

And maybe it never will. My dad died in '95 after being a diehard fan of the Bills and Sabres for their existence. He went to the grave seeing his favorite teams lose the championship 5 times without a win.

Your optimism is admirable. It may also be futile.

Archived