An idea for Darcy's future

thewookie1

If you're going to fire him as GM (which I wholeheartedly support), then just let him go. I see no reason to keep him on in a lesser role, nor do I believe that he would want to stay on after losing his spot in the big seat.

That was my point in the "so what would you do if you were in charge" thread. Keep him around in a position that is a demotion from GM? No way. Show him the door and let's remove the influence completely.

I don't think it's Darcy who spots the talent, it's the scouting staff. Darcy just sits down with them and sorts out what they've uncovered.

Darcy's abilities should be measured in his trades and in getting players signed, not in the rookies they discover.

I don't think it's Darcy who spots the talent, it's the scouting staff. Darcy just sits down with them and sorts out what they've uncovered.

Darcy's abilities should be measured in his trades and in getting players signed, not in the rookies they discover.

Darcy is nothing without Larry Quinn holding his hand and showing him the way.

It's time to bring Larry Quinn back to run the draft. He is the true mastermind behind the drafting of Myers, Ennis, Kassian, Foligno and McNabb. :thumbsup:

How about a G.M. job softening up one of our conference opponents?

Maybe Pegula talked to other Eastern Conference GM's and they are the ones to convince Pegula that Regier was the man for the Sabres job.

Why not put him as GM for drafts and get someone who knows his way around contracts for the actual GM spot. DArcy isn't to bad at drafting very good players, just he needs to be limited to that role.

While I believe this to be a good idea in theory ... in reality a team can't really have two GM's.

I do believe that DR has some talent at drafting players, but that really comes down to the scouts. I would support DR having a title of GM (or something like that) Player Development (or something like that) to manage the scouting and drafting process. I am not sure if DR would accept this type of demotion ... it would depend if he felt he could secure another GM post in the NHL (doubtful, IMHO)

Firstly, I would bring in a real hockey man to run the whole hockey operation (DR's boss, if you will) as Vice President & General Manager. Don't really know who that would be at this point, but I do like Shero in Pittsburgh and Bowman in Chicago.

That person would decide on the coaching position. I do believe LR would be fired. I would not mind seeing Nolan back behind the Sabres bench ... he may be receptive to the notion as many years have gone by since he departed on such bad terms.

Archived