Keeping the young guys up in Buffalo

Drunkard

Keeping the young guys up in Buffalo  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the rookie/injury call ups should not be sent back down to Rochester

• Zack Kassian
    • Corey Tropp
    • Paul Szczechura
    • Brayden McNabb
    • Joe Finley
    • TJ Brennan

<p>Honestly, if I were running the team, then Kassian, Tropp, and McNabb would be here until they play themselves back to Rochester. Could be a few weeks, could be a few months, could be never.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I didn't know Tropp could fight like that. Not that I expect him to drop the gloves very often, but as far as I'm concerned, if we have Goose, Kassian, Tropp, Kaleta, and Regehr who <em>can</em> fight once in a while, we don't really need to waste a roster spot for McCormick to be our psuedo-enforcer who fights every night. And I know McCormick has done nothing but good things for the team, but it is what it is -- he has very limited offensive upside and frankly is pretty undersized to be an "enforcer" type anyway.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>But I <em>would</em> get Kaleta back in the lineup when he's healthy. He's a pest, he draws penalties, he intimidates people. He does more for the team than just drop the gloves.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Ellis can sit when Goose comes back.. unfortunately there's really not much to be done when the rest of the guys get healthy-- Boyes can sit (but probably won't), but Hecht probably deserves a spot. Not sure who I would sub out.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>On the defensive side of things, our defense should be: Regehr, Myers, McNabb, Ehrhoff, Weber, Leopold when healthy, with Sekera being the odd man out and Gragnani working out those brain cramps in Rochester. I hope Finley works on his game enough so that someday he is here to stay, but he clearly isn't ready for full time duty just yet.</p>

<p> </p>

<p> </p>

<p>Anyway that's just what I would do. I doubt very much that it happens, though. Plus, I think once a player is healthy, he MUST be activated off of LT-IR, right? We couldn't just, for example, leave Boyes on IR for the rest of the season to avoid paying his salary or anything like that. So with people coming back, eventually the young guns are gonna have to be sent down..</p>

<p> </p>

<p> </p>

<div id="myEventWatcherDiv" style="display:none;"> </div>

<p>Honestly, if I were running the team, then Kassian, Tropp, and McNabb would be here until they play themselves back to Rochester. Could be a few weeks, could be a few months, could be never.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>I didn't know Tropp could fight like that. Not that I expect him to drop the gloves very often, but as far as I'm concerned, if we have Goose, Kassian, Tropp, Kaleta, and Regehr who <em>can</em> fight once in a while, we don't really need to waste a roster spot for McCormick to be our psuedo-enforcer who fights every night. And I know McCormick has done nothing but good things for the team, but it is what it is -- he has very limited offensive upside and frankly is pretty undersized to be an "enforcer" type anyway.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>But I <em>would</em> get Kaleta back in the lineup when he's healthy. He's a pest, he draws penalties, he intimidates people. He does more for the team than just drop the gloves.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Ellis can sit when Goose comes back.. unfortunately there's really not much to be done when the rest of the guys get healthy-- Boyes can sit (but probably won't), but Hecht probably deserves a spot. Not sure who I would sub out.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>On the defensive side of things, our defense should be: Regehr, Myers, McNabb, Ehrhoff, Weber, Leopold when healthy, with Sekera being the odd man out and Gragnani working out those brain cramps in Rochester. I hope Finley works on his game enough so that someday he is here to stay, but he clearly isn't ready for full time duty just yet.</p>

<p> </p>

<p> </p>

<p>Anyway that's just what I would do. I doubt very much that it happens, though. Plus, I think once a player is healthy, he MUST be activated off of LT-IR, right? We couldn't just, for example, leave Boyes on IR for the rest of the season to avoid paying his salary or anything like that. So with people coming back, eventually the young guns are gonna have to be sent down..</p>

<p> </p>

<p> </p>

<div id="myEventWatcherDiv" style="display:none;"> </div>

You shouldn't post until that gets worked out. My eyes hurt.

I think Kassian is soooo close to being a permanent regular, I really think he has showed alot in a short amount of time. Considering the amount of injuries and crappy play by our vets, I would have NO problem having him take the place of say, Ellis.

I think Tropp has played well in fill in duty, I would make him the first call up when we need a forward.

Brennan and McNabb need more time in AHL to develop thier game, I just haven't seen enough of them yet. I don't think they have adjusted to the NHL speed just yet.

Finley is further away than either of the above defenseman. He is an emergency call up only.

As far as who I would be willing to trade? Just about anyone not named Vanek, Miller or kassian at this point. I think Stafford, Roy, Boyes, or Leino I wouldn;t miss a minute's sleep if we traded them to improve our team. I would also be perfectly fine with trading just about any of the defensemen we have, provided we get a TRUE #1 center, but that has already been discussed much more thoroughly than I will attempt to do.

As far as Ennis goes, he has lots of potential, but he is too much like Roy to me. If we traded Roy keep him, if we trade Ennis, keep Roy. Given a choice, I would keep Ennis, and would also say keep Gerbe over Ennis...

Did you not notice on the go ahead goal where Sekera backed up and then backed up some more and then finally McNabb came across to put a body on Jagr but it was too late cuz he had already shot?

I blame Sekera a little bit for that, but not as much as you do. He stayed in between Jagr and the net, and in hindsight it's really easy to say he should've taken the body, but what if Jagr just burns him and gets an open shot anyways? It wasn't as horrible as it's being made out to be.

He should trade Roy, Stafford and Sekera plus whatever draft picks it takes to bring back Stastny and Dubinsky then maybe we would have the center strength we need to not suck every freaking night.

Well. It's going to take more than just those three for Stastny and Dubinsky.

Archived