Sabres special teams performance

Calvin

What are your feelings so far on how the special teams have been doing?

The Sabres PP ranks ninth in the league right now at 20.4%, sixth at home and sixteenth on the road.

The Sabres PK ranks second in the league at 90.2% 92.0%, and got their first shortie last night, fourth at home and fourth on the road.

Not much to complain about, that's for sure.

I mentioned back at the beginning of the season that the PP looks more West Coast to me. Much more side to side movement than we saw in recent seasons. It looks like they've discovered some new entry tactics as well. Also, the powerplay looked rather ho-hum when the units weren't moving the puck with alot of speed. The new tactics and plays work great when the guys out there move the puck briskly, but in the games where they weren't passing with as much pepper the powerplay seemed ordinary.

The PK sure doesn't seem to be missing Connolly or Hecht. And they aren't really missing Kaleta right now either. RR looks like a rock back there.

What are your feelings so far on how the special teams have been doing?

The Sabres PP ranks ninth in the league right now at 20.4%, sixth at home and sixteenth on the road.

The Sabres PK ranks second in the league at 90.2%, and got their first shortie last night, fourth at home and fourth on the road.

just 1 correction (probably a typo) but the PK is 92.0% :D

but yeah, I'm much happier with our PK this season compared to the beginning of last season (turned it around mid way thru last year, along with everything else).

I thought the PP could use some work, but going 4 for 12 or whatever it was last night was pretty impressive.

Archived