Arrested Development

PTS

It's 5:36pm, the day after the Sabres lost to the Sens. I wasn't sure how I'd be in public today, so for everyone's benefit, I locked myself in a room.

I forgot what losing felt like. It sucks, especially when it happens to the team we are chasing. I felt dirty all day and had to watch Wedding Crashers and 40 Year Virgin to cheer me up.

Nevertheless, as bad as the Sabres played, they were a few inches away from tying the game and sending it to OT. A game they had no business being in. When you figure that we were without Connolly and Hecht, Max and Lydman were playing sick, and Vanek played with a severe case of Donthitmeisis, I think I can live with that loss.

A few things really did bother me about the game.

1. We put Ottawa on a pedastal, like they were God's gift to hockey. It took us a few minutes into the third to realize that we can play with these guys.

2. I understand we're not a physical team but my God, finish your checks. We were being manhandled for 40 minutes.

3. If we're dressing Peters, play him sooner than later when you are losing. He has the ability to fire a bench up.

4. The officiating was one of the worst I've seen this season. I understand they are cracking down on hooking, but some of those calls where horrible. It also seems like Chara gets away with everything. He's constantly interfering with players and the second you lay a stick on him, you're in the box for two.

Man, they better win tomorrow or I don't know what I'll do. :P

It's 5:36pm, the day after the Sabres lost to the Sens. I wasn't sure how I'd be in public today, so for everyone's benefit, I locked myself in a room.

I forgot what losing felt like. It sucks, especially when it happens to the team we are chasing. I felt dirty all day and had to watch Wedding Crashers and 40 Year Virgin to cheer me up.

Nevertheless, as bad as the Sabres played, they were a few inches away from tying the game and sending it to OT. A game they had no business being in. When you figure that we were without Connolly and Hecht, Max and Lydman were playing sick, and Vanek played with a severe case of Donthitmeisis, I think I can live with that loss.

A few things really did bother me about the game.

1. We put Ottawa on a pedastal, like they were God's gift to hockey. It took us a few minutes into the third to realize that we can play with these guys.

2. I understand we're not a physical team but my God, finish your checks. We were being manhandled for 40 minutes.

3. If we're dressing Peters, play him sooner than later when you are losing. He has the ability to fire a bench up.

4. The officiating was one of the worst I've seen this season. I understand they are cracking down on hooking, but some of those calls where horrible. It also seems like Chara gets away with everything. He's constantly interfering with players and the second you lay a stick on him, you're in the box for two.

Man, they better win tomorrow or I don't know what I'll do. :P

Love your post!!! I felt like a bag a crap today actually. It wasn't all about the Sabres, but that was a big part of it. I remember back in like 1992 or something the Bills lost big in a game, maybe at KC, and they were playing the Colts next, Thurman said on the plane ride home, "Man, I feel sorry for the Colts!" They came out and murdered them! Let's hope our Sabres go out and take it to these people tomorrow.

call me crazy but i don't think the loss was all that bad for the team. this showed them that they can't have a mediocre period against en elite team. sure they can float a bit against boston or toronto and come back and win it, but ottawa's a diferent story. this was a wake-up call. and a much needed one. these guys now know what it'll take if they want to win it all. they have to bust their balls for 60 minutes, not just turn it on in the third. it toally sucks they lost, but i think, in the long run, it will help them out.

Man, I should have locked myself in my room til Tuesday. We'll just forget about that game tonight like it never happened.

Man, I should have locked myself in my room til Tuesday. We'll just forget about that game tonight like it never happened.

Your first post still makes sense even after the un-game last night. This team is playoff bound, and overdue for a slump. Hopefully it is resolved by mid April... :)

Archived