On announcers

mudberry

I actually like Sylvester, as much as people around here get down on him. If he became an everyday play caller, his quality would increase. I like his basic cadence, though. Different than RJ's, but you still get a sense of the rise and fall of the level of play. Knowing they have him on staff makes me optimistic that the Sabres will have someone like him or better.

I think Sylvester does perfectly fine. He is no RJ, but nobody is.

Anyone is better than RJ's kid. His calls of the couple games last year were just terrible.

I don't think we should set our expectations as high as RJ, and I do like Sylvester in between periods. I just hope we can keep our options open and that Sylvester is a holder until someone else can fill in permanently. I have heard a lot worse around the NHL, but I have heard a lot better.

I think Hamilton did a very good job a couple of years ago.

I do to but I don't see Paul Hamilton as an option. He'd have to give up his Sabres beat reporter gig to do it. No way he could be paid by the Sabres as a play by play guy and still be unbiased in his reporter role. And sports reporting is his full time job.

I do to but I don't see Paul Hamilton as an option. He'd have to give up his Sabres beat reporter gig to do it. No way he could be paid by the Sabres as a play by play guy and still be unbiased in his reporter role. And sports reporting is his full time job.

Play by Play would then become his full time job and I'd imagine he'd make way more doing it too. I'm willing to bet he jumps and never looks back if he's offered that spot.

Pete Weber is awful. Have you ever heard him call a goal? He is usually way behind the play and then you'll hear, It's in!! Paul Hamilton is a friend of mine and I was hoping he would get the job. I think he's good but he mentioned Sylvester knows more people and got the job instead.

Archived