Which prospect will play the most games this year?

nfreeman

Which one of the kids will force his way into the lineup?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. The Sabres seem to have quite a few good prospects. They also have a pretty good amount of depth at the NHL level. Which youngster is going to force his way into the Sabres' lineup for the most games this year? (Forwards first, then D)

• Luke Adam
    • Marcus Foligno
    • Zack Kassian
  2. 2. Which defenseman will get into the Sabres' lineup for the most games this year? (NB I am not including Gragnani or Morrisson -- this is for young Amerks prospects only.)

• TJ Brennan
    • Brayden McNabb
    • Dennis Persson
    • Drew Schiestel
    • None of the above 4 will play a single game for the Sabres this year.

Sticky fingers or no, I don't see Patty getting healthy-scratched, at least not regularly. He's a good player, he has a unique skill set that adds a lot to the team and Lindy likes him. I think McCormick is more likely.

Cody outperformed him in nearly every category last year and I'd say he brings as unique of a skill set to the roster. The other big thing he brings is that he can play center when needed. They don't go and hand out that 3 year $1.2 million contract to a guy if he's going to be the spare forward. They plan on using McCormick quite a bit this year.

Cody outperformed him in nearly every category last year and I'd say he brings as unique of a skill set to the roster. The other big thing he brings is that he can play center when needed. They don't go and hand out that 3 year $1.2 million contract to a guy if he's going to be the spare forward. They plan on using McCormick quite a bit this year.

I agree. IMO McCormick is more effective and just a bit more versatile than Kaleta and would get the nod in the lineup most nights.

They do play different wings when in their natural position so it may not come down to an either-or between the two anyway.

This made me giggle, wondering if somewhere GoDD has some sort of radar going off, calling him back to argue about this ...

I remind you guys of this just because I always need to remind myself ... someone will be hurt. Someone always is. (And it is often Kaleta, FWIW) ...

GoDD will be back (at least I hope so).

You are of course right that someone always gets hurt. I was originally responding to the assertion that Adam would be on the opening night roster (ie presumably before anyone gets hurt).

I think you're right that they like McCormick, but I also think Kaleta has more game and that McCormick's contract was a bit of a "the Sabres organization treats the team-player vets well" message, both to the current roster and to the other players around the league. We'll see.

I picked the last option for defensemen but wish to clarify that I think none will play a meaningful game for the Sabres this year. If there's a situation where the Sabres are locked into a playoff slot and have callups available, I could see Ruff giving an audition to someone.

I think depending on injuries and who is sent packing prior to the season starting, Adam, Kassian and Foligno may each see some time in buffalo but the most likely and I expect to earn a regular spot as the year progresses is Adam. If he does not this year I think the experience he gains will help for when he replaces Hecht as the 3rd line center next year.

On a side note Catenacci is the most exciting center prospect for me and I know it will be at least 2 years before we even can discuss him but god that kid can skate and stickhandle...

I think depending on injuries and who is sent packing prior to the season starting, Adam, Kassian and Foligno may each see some time in buffalo but the most likely and I expect to earn a regular spot as the year progresses is Adam. If he does not this year I think the experience he gains will help for when he replaces Hecht as the 3rd line center next year.

On a side note Catenacci is the most exciting center prospect for me and I know it will be at least 2 years before we even can discuss him but god that kid can skate and stickhandle...

I've been seein' nothing but good about Bolts (Catenacci) since the minute he was ours. I want to see more. I like this kid.

I voted Luke Adam becuase:

1. The sabres have bassically no depth at center.

2. Out of all the prospects (Folgino, Kassian, etc) he seems to be the most nhl ready.

Picked the last option on defence due to the 8 man d we have now. (If morrisson isnt sent down, which IMO he will be if he's not traded for a 4th or claimed on waivers)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived