Background concept for front page....

SDS

I like it, as long as it doesn't make the rest of the text too small.

since this is a background, how much is showing will depend on the monitor resolution. This idea is basically to fill in the space on wide monitors. Text size is unaffected.

Love it

I guess if I can get a shot where the yellow lines run to the edge, I can just fill the bottom with ice and blend it in... Ideally, this would be a shot of HSBC, but I don't have that!

Question: the Shutterstock stuff on each side--are those placeholders for content or ads? If so, it means I have to scroll side-to-side to get the "main page" in the middle; kind of a PITA.

(Mac, Safari 5 but using Safari 4 mode because it's much faster.)

Question: the Shutterstock stuff on each side--are those placeholders for content or ads? If so, it means I have to scroll side-to-side to get the "main page" in the middle; kind of a PITA.

(Mac, Safari 5 but using Safari 4 mode because it's much faster.)

That's because it is a picture, not a webpage. A webpage will center itself automagically and then reveal what is left of the background in the remaining space. No worries...!

That's because it is a picture, not a webpage. A webpage will center itself automagically and then reveal what is left of the background in the remaining space. No worries...!

In that case, I love it.

Especially the ad--who knew that Ann Taylor's collection for petites is on sale now? I am definitely skipping work tomorrow morning and racing to the Galleria.

In that case, I love it.

Especially the ad--who knew that Ann Taylor's collection for petites is on sale now? I am definitely skipping work tomorrow morning and racing to the Galleria.

Apparently my wife... :blush:

It lets you rate articles now? I can't wait to see how quickly everyone pounces on the first Jerry Sullivan commentary that gets posted.

Well, you could go take a gander yourself. It won't bite. :thumbsup:

Well, you could go take a gander yourself. It won't bite. :thumbsup:

I have looked, but didn't notice that until it was mentioned. Paying attention to finer details really isn't my thing. I like it, but I can pretty much guarantee that I won't get much of a feel for that main page until October rolls around.

Ok, so that new font that looks so slick on my laptop at home does not look good at all at work. Almost pixellated, especially across the top banner (the one that says "hot links" in it). Is there a setting I can change? (PC, Windows crap.0, firefox)

Ok, so that new font that looks so slick on my laptop at home does not look good at all at work. Almost pixellated, especially across the top banner (the one that says "hot links" in it). Is there a setting I can change? (PC, Windows crap.0, firefox)

on the real page (not the images above)?

If so, the old windows used to have a font smoothing setting.

http://freewindowsvistatutorials.com/changeFontSmoothingAntiAliasingOptionsInWindows7-AdjustClearTypeTextSettings.php

I don't know if this is related to the page update, but now when I click on a thread it no longer automatically directs me to the last post read (goes to page 1). Maybe just a coincidence?

The rss feed isn't as customizable. I'll try and find a work around.

I don't know if this is related to the page update, but now when I click on a thread it no longer automatically directs me to the last post read (goes to page 1). Maybe just a coincidence?

I always click on the little yellow icon just to the left of the thread title. This still works (brings you to the next post you have not read).

Archived