Parise

VansTheMans

That's going to put NJ in a pickle.

Same as Kaleta last year. The Sabres elected to take him to arbitration. A bit different here. Salary is much higher. NJD have no walk-away rights. Of course they could trade him...

Same as Kaleta last year. The Sabres elected to take him to arbitration. A bit different here. Salary is much higher. NJD have no walk-away rights. Of course they could trade him...

if we could get parise for a 1 year deal or something along those lines (aka arbitration than traded) I would take him, I feel like Vanek is more of a center these days anyways. Lets be radical, get parise move vanek to center and then put stafford on the other wing. Put Roy and Pommers and ennis on the second line or even better trade someone and put boyes Ennis and roy on the second line.

what?

Say that NJD get an arbitration award for Parise of w/e 5.5mil for the 1 year. We trade them for him. Then Move Vanek to center or Parise see if it works for the year while we explore other center options via trade and such. At the end of the year we can either just let Parise walk or resign him or trade him. It would buy us time.

Personally id rather leave parise where he is cuz there would be 1000 what if's in this scenario

if we could get parise for a 1 year deal or something along those lines (aka arbitration than traded) I would take him, I feel like Vanek is more of a center these days anyways. Lets be radical, get parise move vanek to center and then put stafford on the other wing. Put Roy and Pommers and ennis on the second line or even better trade someone and put boyes Ennis and roy on the second line.

Miller WTF wave...I know I've had my head in Solidworks the past 4 hours, but I didn't think my mind was that lost...your sarcasm scares me some days

what?

Say that NJD get an arbitration award for Parise of w/e 5.5mil for the 1 year. We trade them for him. Then Move Vanek to center or Parise see if it works for the year while we explore other center options via trade and such. At the end of the year we can either just let Parise walk or resign him or trade him. It would buy us time.Personally id rather leave parise where he is cuz there would be 1000 what if's in this scenario

Miller WTF wave...I know I've had my head in Solidworks the past 4 hours, but I didn't think my mind was that lost...your sarcasm scares me some days

hahaha my thoughts exaclty

I'm not saying its a good idea. I am just saying that is the only way I think parise works on this team right now. Obviously there are a ton of risks and problems with moving a winger to center and such but I just mentioned as a way of thinking outside the box.

I'm not saying its a good idea. I am just saying that is the only way I think parise works on this team right now. Obviously there are a ton of risks and problems with moving a winger to center and such but I just mentioned as a way of thinking outside the box.

What about Parise Roy Vanek. Moving Van to the middle definitely isn't the only way parise works

What about Parise Roy Vanek. Moving Van to the middle definitely isn't the only way parise works

agreed, so you would like to see vanek on the right then? If thats the case we could maybe use boyes or pommers in the trade to the devils or to another team to get something the devils want.

agreed, so you would like to see vanek on the right then? If thats the case we could maybe use boyes or pommers in the trade to the devils or to another team to get something the devils want.

Vanek has shown that he can perform well on both sides, so I'm not really partial to which side he plays. Us getting Parise seems so far fetched i won't spend much time thinking about it, but like i've noted before, one of our right wings won't be back next season. No team needs three high level right wingers while lacking elsewhere. One of Boyes, Stafford, or Pominville will not be back IMO, most likely in an attempt to get a centerman in here.

Sometimes u just need to stop and take some ridlin.

Egads man....you actually think Connolly can carry the mail?

Quick, someone get a doctor over here.......... :unsure:

As much as people disliked Connolly- and I'm not suggesting he come back - he regularly had 10-15 clean entries a game which need to be replaced.

Vanek can't do that.

I'm sorry, but while reading your posts on this subject, I can't help but think of the coke zero coach "our offense will be our defense, our defense will be our offense" commercial.

'No, they'll never be able to stop us because all our centers will be wingers: Hecht, Boyes, Vanek, Ennis; we'll move the natural centers to wing: Roy, Gaustad, Adam, ???, ???; maybe we'll pull some D up to wing as well: MAG, Sekera, anyone else while we're at it? C'mon Darcy, get a couple more Lindy Ruff's on this squad and they'll never be able to figure the Sabres out.' :thumbsup:

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

As much as people disliked Connolly- and I'm not suggesting he come back - he regularly had 10-15 clean entries a game which need to be replaced.

Vanek can't do that.

I hear you on that. Vanek needs that person to pass to him to be most effective, whether it be Roy or TC.

Archived