NESN

mrjsbu96

I know what a fan all of you that are, that have to get Center Ice, of Jack Edwards, especially when CI decides for us that it is better that we get the Boston feed rather than MSG...

Well, if you didn't see this already, check out Jack Edwards after BOS beats MONT earlier this week and his 2 minute 'wrap-up' after the game.....I am really rather speechless on what I can add/comment after his diatribe..

I am really curious on what you guys think

http://fangsbites.com/2011/04/jack-edwards-puzzling-final-comments-after-bs-canadiens/

I know what a fan all of you that are, that have to get Center Ice, of Jack Edwards, especially when CI decides for us that it is better that we get the Boston feed rather than MSG...

Well, if you didn't see this already, check out Jack Edwards after BOS beats MONT earlier this week and his 2 minute 'wrap-up' after the game.....I am really rather speechless on what I can add/comment after his diatribe..

http://fangsbites.com/2011/04/jack-edwards-puzzling-final-comments-after-bs-canadiens/

Edwards has always been a nutbar and I really have a hard time watching broadcasts that he has anything to do with.

Edwards has always been a nutbar and I really have a hard time watching broadcasts that he has anything to do with.

I didn't understand a word he said for the for 30 seconds of the video. After the first 5 seconds I realized that I didn't like the guy.

I didn't understand a word he said for the for 30 seconds of the video. After the first 5 seconds I realized that I didn't like the guy.

That's basically what happened with me.

When he started talking I felt like he was teaching an upper level history class, not about a hockey game.

It's an arrogant Bruins guy whining about arrogant Montreal folks. Edwards is so clueless he has no idea about how arrogant he is.

I am a devout Sabres fan living in Massachusetts. I actually like listening to Jack Edwards call hockey games. He can be exciting to listen to and the descriptive nature of his calls are different from other announcers you'll find. I will say for sure that he is better at play-by-play than he is at commentary.

It think he went overboard in defining Montreal and its fans as believing they are hockey royalty vs. Boston and other teams and their fans being just poor slobs. Way overboard.

What. The. Hell. was he talking about? :blink: :blink: :blink: :unsure:

I am a devout Sabres fan living in Massachusetts. I actually like listening to Jack Edwards call hockey games. He can be exciting to listen to and the descriptive nature of his calls are different from other announcers you'll find. I will say for sure that he is better at play-by-play than he is at commentary.

It think he went overboard in defining Montreal and its fans as believing they are hockey royalty vs. Boston and other teams and their fans being just poor slobs. Way overboard.

I live in MA too and I like Jack Edwards too. I also like scurvy.

I understood it perfectly well: Edwards feels guilty inside because Chara wasn't suspended for the Pacioretty incident, so he's casting the Bruins as some sort of heroes who vanquished the tyranny of Montreal-led opinion. Except the opinion was league-wide and Edwards, like every Boston fan, knows damned well that a suspension should have resulted there.

It's an arrogant Bruins guy whining about arrogant Montreal folks. Edwards is so clueless he has no idea about how arrogant he is.

Plus you throw in the fact that the French hated the British as well and his diatribe makes him look like a complete IDIOT.......... :beer:

The history thing was a really nice touch, especially considering the fact that his organization's entire reputation is based on something that died a long time ago. At least Montreal has actually done something since the Orr goal in 72.

Edwards was, a I recall the play-by-play for US Men's national team soccer on ESPN a few years back. ESPN canned him in favor ofthe hilarious Dave O'Brien experiment before the world cup in 2006 (whole other story), largely because he was so absolutely off the chain in his pro-US homerism it was embarrassing.

When you stump so hard for the home team the network axes you, and the home team is AMERICA, does or should any of this now surprise us?

Edwards was, a I recall the play-by-play for US Men's national team soccer on ESPN a few years back. ESPN canned him in favor ofthe hilarious Dave O'Brien experiment before the world cup in 2006 (whole other story), largely because he was so absolutely off the chain in his pro-US homerism it was embarrassing.

When you stump so hard for the home team the network axes you, and the home team is AMERICA, does or should any of this now surprise us?

Edwards is part of Boston's Johnny Most tradition. I think the Celtics went 35 years without committing an actual personal foul.....

was it Turk Sanderson that used to be the Bruins color guy? Total homer.

Archived