Philly fan logic..?

Miss_The_Amerks

So, I'm arguing with a friend of mine, saying Buffalo cant advance because Miller is our whole team. That if we play a team with a good goalie, we will lose, and I told them that they are in the same case, only with the opposite problem as we saw in this series, a good goalie will stop their offense, and it only takes a joke of an offense to score on any 3 of their goalies. So instead of losing close games, they'll just get beat like 7-4, 6-3 etc. They don't believe me. Confused.

So, I'm arguing with a friend of mine, saying Buffalo cant advance because Miller is our whole team. That if we play a team with a good goalie, we will lose, and I told them that they are in the same case, only with the opposite problem as we saw in this series, a good goalie will stop their offense, and it only takes a joke of an offense to score on any 3 of their goalies. So instead of losing close games, they'll just get beat like 7-4, 6-3 etc. They don't believe me. Confused.

Try that again, but in English.

See todays game;

Here's the logic. Miller let the Flyers outscore the Sabers 17-16, if this trend continues to happen... well you do the math, you seem to be full of logic. Also are you refering to the Sabers' forwards being a joke offense?

Here's the logic. Miller let the Flyers outscore the Sabers 17-16, if this trend continues to happen... well you do the math, you seem to be full of logic. Also are you refering to the Sabers' forwards being a joke offense?

You lost your credibility when you spelled Sabres wrong......

:thumbsup:

You lost your credibility when you spelled Sabres wrong......

:thumbsup:

d'oh! I gues is E5 is right and I have no logic, ah well. But still, damn good series, and I have a newfound respect for Buffalo fans, may the best team win

I think what the OP is trying to say is that if Philly had any semblance of goaltending, they would have already won this series. How many "weak" goals have they given up? Enough for Laviolette to change his mind 12 times.

If Philly advances, they'll get Boston, Tampa, or Pittsburgh. I don't see them beating any of those three.

Series Wins: Ryan Miller 3 / Leighton, Boucher, Bobrovsky 3, end scene.

Looks like your friend was right, you should listen to him more often. Game 7 was the only game that was decided by more than 1 goal.

how is it not possible for them to meet in the ECF? it's entirely possible. Not very probable, but yes--it is indeed possible.

I don't think its possible in the ECF because if Boston beats Montreal tonight, they play the Bruins next round cause the winner of the Tampa Pittsburgh series plays or Montreal if they beat Boston

how is it not possible for them to meet in the ECF? it's entirely possible. Not very probable, but yes--it is indeed possible.

Washington (1) is already through to the second round and will play the lowest remaining seed. For Philly (2) to play Boston (3), you have to assume Montreal (6) is eliminated (obviously). The Rangers (8) and Sabres (7) are already out.

If Boston (3) advances, Washington (1) will play the (4)/(5) winner and Philly (2) gets Boston (3) in round 2, not the ECF.

Archived