Adam wins AHL ROY

tom webster

Don't you read Bucky Gleason's chats in the Buffalo News? Darcy loves his players too much. He needs to be replaced.

PTR

I know we are all overcome by the joy of clinching a playoff spot(joining 53% of the NHL's teams) on the final weekend, but you don't believe there is ANY truth to the fact that Darcy hangs on to his players too long(especially his draftees)? Were you defending DR like this during the first few months of the season?

I know we are all overcome by the joy of clinching a playoff spot(joining 53% of the NHL's teams) on the final weekend, but you don't believe there is ANY truth to the fact that Darcy hangs on to his players too long(especially his draftees)? Were you defending DR like this during the first few months of the season?

Actually if you check my posts I've always been a Darcy defender in that I think he does have an eye for talent. Did he always make the best trades or free agent signings? No, but we know now that he had Larry Quinn lodged in his colon.

So far in the Pegula regime Regier made one solid addition at the trade deadline with Brad Boyes, a deal everyone said would never be made under Golisano. It's still to early to totally vindicate Regier but I think the evidence is there that Quinn and Golisano were the major hindrance to success.

PTR

Actually if you check my posts I've always been a Darcy defender in that I think he does have an eye for talent. Did he always make the best trades or free agent signings? No, but we know now that he had Larry Quinn lodged in his colon.

So far in the Pegula regime Regier made one solid addition at the trade deadline with Brad Boyes, a deal everyone said would never be made under Golisano. It's still to early to totally vindicate Regier I think the evidence is there that Quinn and Golisano were the major hindrance to success.

PTR

Fair enough. Yes Gleason and Sullivan tend to be repetitive, and no one knows what has been going on behind closed doors since 6-1-07 in terms of who deserves the blame for certain transactions or lack of transactions, but I am still inclined to send Regier packing sooner rather than later.

Of course Gerbe, Ennis and Adam winning the AHL RotY along with Myers winning the Calder isn't helping my case. ;)

Fair enough. Yes Gleason and Sullivan tend to be repetitive, and no one knows what has been going on behind closed doors since 6-1-07 in terms of who deserves the blame for certain transactions or lack of transactions, but I am still inclined to send Regier packing sooner rather than later.

Of course Gerbe, Ennis and Adam winning the AHL RotY along with Myers winning the Calder isn't helping my case. ;)

Just for comparison sake (not that you can directly compare hockey to football) but when was the last time a Bills GM drafted a player worth a damn?

PTR

Just for comparison sake (not that you can directly compare hockey to football) but when was the last time a Bills GM drafted a player worth a damn?

PTR

I believe the answer to that is Thurman Thomas.

With Roy coming back, Kaleta coming back, Adam pushing his way forward, talk about a free agent pick up, and this team is going to have to shed some forwards!

Connolly, Grier, and Neidermeyer all leavig via free agancy ought to just about accomplish that.

Archived