OT: Skate Repair

shrader

I've had my current pair of skates for a little over a year now. One of the eyelets broke off. The whole that the lace goes through is still in place and I can tie my skates, but I'd imagine that each time I do that, I'm running the risk of that wearing and eventually breaking. Does anyone have any experience with getting a repair like this done?

I've had my current pair of skates for a little over a year now. One of the eyelets broke off. The whole that the lace goes through is still in place and I can tie my skates, but I'd imagine that each time I do that, I'm running the risk of that wearing and eventually breaking. Does anyone have any experience with getting a repair like this done?

It should be a 10 second repair for someone with a grommet eyelet setter. It looks like a hand-held hole puncher.

Any shoe repair store should be able to do it a few seconds I think.

How about a shoe repair store? Not some place in a mall or upscale area that you will be gouged at. Go find an old time shoe repair guy working out of a storefront in a crummy part of town.

If you can't find someone to repair it, I wouldn't sweat it that much. My last pair of skates has a bunch of the eyelets fall off. I skated with them for four years like that and I never had any problems with the laces loosening up on me or the lace pulling through the boot.

I'm considering it. It's an eyelet about halfway up, so even if the laces do eventually pull through the boot, its a non-essential part of the skate.

Similar to this does anyone know a good place to get skates sharpened near downtown. Hoping to find a place that won't make me wait long.

The rotary rink downtown sharpens skates good and cheap also try great skate on sheridan drive for the skate repair

Similar to this does anyone know a good place to get skates sharpened near downtown. Hoping to find a place that won't make me wait long.

Don't know if you have one near you or not but I go to play it again sports. They do a pretty good job for $4 or $5 bucks out here in Rochester.

VansTheMans is telling you seriously to get that skate fixed. :)

Well it is good advice. :thumbsup:

A simple google search turned up a bunch of shoe repairs in Buffalo. That's all you need. I picked one at random:

I'm in Boston though. My sharpening guy suggested a place, so now I just need to find the time to check that out. It's a bit of a drive. I have a game tonight and then 2 weeks off, so it seems like the timing is perfect.

Haha, my bad on the triple post.

My skates are in horrible disarray tho, and it's because I didn't tend to the eyelets when they started falling out.

I've ripped through about three holes on my right skate now, all of them in the middle to upper middle portion of the skate, which is the most important for me.

I had to drill a hole through the actual boot to create a new hole on my right skate. It's seriously ghetto.

Haha, my bad on the triple post.

My skates are in horrible disarray tho, and it's because I didn't tend to the eyelets when they started falling out.

I've ripped through about three holes on my right skate now, all of them in the middle to upper middle portion of the skate, which is the most important for me.

I had to drill a hole through the actual boot to create a new hole on my right skate. It's seriously ghetto.

I've only got one eyelet that broke, so I'm not too concerned about it being a serious problem. The same exact spot on the other skate is showing some signs too, so I wonder if it's just a weak spot in the skate design in general. No other eyelets are showing any signs of trouble, so that much is a plus (especially since the skates are only a year old). I'm going to find and call this place so I can see how much it costs and how long it takes.

Archived