Who will be Pegula's first victim ... ?

notwoz

I'm hoping that Darcy won't last the week.

I also hope that the new owner plucks a GM from one of the western conference teams (or someone who shares a western conference philosophy). I find them to be more physical and more entertaining.

Any thoughts?

I am expecting Steve Montador to be the first trade. And I expect Connolly to be moved at the deadline as well. I hope there are several more moves on deadline day too but I'm not holding my breath.

Wouldn't suprise me at all if Darcy is still GM in September.

ETA- a team modeled after Philly would be just fine by me.

I am expecting Steve Montador to be the first trade. And I expect Connolly to be moved at the deadline as well. I hope there are several more moves on deadline day too but I'm not holding my breath.

I think you're both prudent and wise not to hold you breath. I'm agreed with Montador and Connolly. And I think your observation about Darcy could be very accurate, tho I really want him gone.

Also, a Philly model wouldn't be a bad model to follow.

I too like what I see in Philly and also Boston. As long as the team has character and grit to go along with the other intangibles needed to compete in this league. I want our team to be able to make life miserable for the star players belonging to the 29 other teams in this league. I'm hoping Regier is the first to fall but I'm not holding my breath.

I too like what I see in Philly and also Boston. As long as the team has character and grit to go along with the other intangibles needed to compete in this league. I want our team to be able to make life miserable for the star players belonging to the 29 other teams in this league. I'm hoping Regier is the first to fall but I'm not holding my breath.

Wouldn't this be a pleasant change of pace? Opposing teams' fans bitching about how mean, nasty, and difficult our teams' players are to play against?

It's actually pretty unlikely Pegula will come in and immediately fire the GM. This team is a business like any other and it's extremely rare that drastic moves in upper-management are made so soon after an outsider comes into power. My assumption is that Darcy is given at least the rest of this season at the very minimum, and will likely remain in place to start the 2011-2012 season. Let's also not forget that his operating capacity will change and the reins will likely be loosened in comparison to the Golisano regime. That being said;

If history repeats itself, a mid-tier spotty, on and off player will be dealt at the trade deadline. Think Paille, Paetsch, MacArthur, Kotalik. Problem is, this whole team falls into that category this year. My money is on Hecht though.

It's actually pretty unlikely Pegula will come in and immediately fire the GM. This team is a business like any other and it's extremely rare that drastic moves in upper-management are made so soon after an outsider comes into power. My assumption is that Darcy is given at least the rest of this season at the very minimum, and will likely remain in place to start the 2011-2012 season. Let's also not forget that his operating capacity will change and the reins will likely be loosened in comparison to the Golisano regime. That being said;

If history repeats itself, a mid-tier spotty, on and off player will be dealt at the trade deadline. Think Paille, Paetsch, MacArthur, Kotalik. Problem is, this whole team falls into that category this year. My money is on Hecht though.

It just won't happen. It's bad for business for him to come in and start firing guys left and right.

I think everyone should prepare to be underwhelmed.

While a share your sentiment concerning management for the duration of this season, the trade deadline will be handled much more actively than in the past. There is almost sure to be 4 to 6 players moved out of here.

Miller is going to have to be patient while the team is effectively rebuilt in the next 12 to 18 months from the top down in my opinion.

my guess would be that darcy will move connolly and maybe montador or hecht. A couple of players will go maybe some picks will come in but I am unsure if he can do anything in a week. He might do things like get rid of video scouting and some other stuff but I would guess any not soon to be ufa will be left alone until summer. The press conference will decide and set the tone for his ownership. I want anger and firing of ppl but I will take connolly trade and hecht. Montador should be resigned. of course it could be another decade of :wallbash: PEGULA FIRE DARCY HES A P*SSY

I would trade sekera. Hecht. Connolly, griere has a no trade clause. ummm other ppl too we will find out tuesday or wednesday. :wallbash:

No he doesn't. He has a no-movement clause. I believe every player over a certain age or x amount of years of experience gets it automatically, so they don't get dissed and be send to the AHL. He could be traded, and i'm sure he'd very much welcome a trade to like a San Jose who is looking for bottom 6 and PK help.

Pure speculation, I'm guessing Rivet and possibly Connolly are the only players to go, if any at all.

It's all speculation, I am throwing darts at a list of names just as much as any one else is, but I don't believe for one second they aren't going to make some noise this deadline. I base my opinion on the belief that a full rebuild will be under way as of Tuesday.

You don't make statements like Pegula did without actions to back it up, and according to sources he views his ownership of the Buffalo Sabres as a "Rebranding of the Franchise".

Thats a very strong statement he made to the NHL B of G.

I'm not so interested in who the first victim is but who he hires to run hockey operations. It sounds like Ted Black will run the overall operation but there will be a person who's domain is to run the hockey area with support from Black. Whoever it is, they will probably have ties to the Penguins in some way. I also don't think he will fire Regier right away. I do hope that he has someone to bring on to run the hockey department right away as in president of hockey ops or vp of hockey ops or something. Definitely needs a breath of fresh air.

Archived