Is There a Net Big Enough?

DFITZ1

The last 2 games have clearly shown that this team lacks goal scorers! How many open shots either miss the net entirely, are shot right on the goaltender, a rebound is missed (either whiffed or no one to pounce on it), or whatever. We can move the puck around the offensive zone with great skill and panache, and then waste it by either not shooting at all or missing the net on a point blank shot. Not even a soccer net is big enough for these guys to hit. I've had it with more open shots clearing the crossbar more than a Ryan Lindell EP tries, and rebounds being pushed wide or stuffed, and players dancing with the puck hoping for a better shot, when all they've done is let the defense and goalie set up to stop them.

This team's shooters just gave their back-up goalies L's when they should have had W's. Stevie Wonder could find the net from the top of the circle faster than these guys (no offense to Stevie).

Quinn and Regier - get some goal scorers.

The last 2 games have clearly shown that this team lacks goal scorers! How many open shots either miss the net entirely, are shot right on the goaltender, a rebound is missed (either whiffed or no one to pounce on it), or whatever. We can move the puck around the offensive zone with great skill and panache, and then waste it by either not shooting at all or missing the net on a point blank shot. Not even a soccer net is big enough for these guys to hit. I've had it with more open shots clearing the crossbar more than a Ryan Lindell EP tries, and rebounds being pushed wide or stuffed, and players dancing with the puck hoping for a better shot, when all they've done is let the defense and goalie set up to stop them.

This team's shooters just gave their back-up goalies L's when they should have had W's. Stevie Wonder could find the net from the top of the circle faster than these guys (no offense to Stevie).

Quinn and Regier - get some goal scorers.

Stevie was always a play maker. Not a goal scorer. He mastered the no look pass before he could even skate, but I hear what you're saying about the rest of the guys.

Stevie was always a play maker. Not a goal scorer. He mastered the no look pass before he could even skate, but I hear what you're saying about the rest of the guys.

You got a good point. In addition to mastering the no look pass, Stevie also mastered passing to a player on his own team. The Sabres highest paid stickhandlers should take a lesson from Stevie since they have a knack for finding opposing players at inopportune times, even when they are looking.

Stevie could always find the keys to success, all 88 of them.

Lindy's analysis was so spot on -- "You can't miss those."

Talk about familiarity breeding contempt. I used to honestly like the guy. Little by little, he's been revealed as a dolt. bobsauve's moment seemed to come when he learned that one of Lindy's all time infamous pranks was hiding Larry Playfair's book when Larry went to the bathroom.

The tirade at practice featured this barb by Lindy: "We're practicing the power play!"

There's really nothing to see here.

Lindy's analysis was so spot on -- "You can't miss those."

Talk about familiarity breeding contempt. I used to honestly like the guy. Little by little, he's been revealed as a dolt. bobsauve's moment seemed to come when he learned that one of Lindy's all time infamous pranks was hiding Larry Playfair's book when Larry went to the bathroom.

The tirade at practice featured this barb by Lindy: "We're practicing the power play!"

There's really nothing to see here.

Part of it is Lindy has to make Ferrari's out of Yugo's (Chevy Chevettes for those who don't know the Yugo). The best players we had thru the 20-naughts were allowed to walk except Miller. The team actually moves the puck well, but doesn't finish plays and misses open nets. We should've beaten the Rangers in OT a couple weeks back but Roy whiffed from 2 feet out.

well when everyone on here during the offseason was complaining that we needed to add toughness, i was adamant that this team needed more scoring. It still does.

Pommers has 1 more point that chris friggin butler a grand total of 4

Hecht has 5 points which is less than half our D.

This team is lacking scoring talent. no doubt about it.

well when everyone on here during the offseason was complaining that we needed to add toughness, i was adamant that this team needed more scoring. It still does.

Pommers has 1 more point that chris friggin butler a grand total of 4

Hecht has 5 points which is less than half our D.

This team is lacking scoring talent. no doubt about it.

When the D is scoring the most, the forwards should be embarrassed.

Hecht

Connolly

Pommenville

Is it really tough to figure out what is wrong with this team - these three are absolutely useless. I don't even need to have their full potential, just an ounce of productivity. And Stafford, wow, I mean really, 4 out of our original top six have done NOTHING for this team. I can't believe they are only 4 points out of 8th.

Hecht

Connolly

Pommenville

Is it really tough to figure out what is wrong with this team - these three are absolutely useless. I don't even need to have their full potential, just an ounce of productivity. And Stafford, wow, I mean really, 4 out of our original top six have done NOTHING for this team. I can't believe they are only 4 points out of 8th.

I agree that it's not tough to figure what is wrong, but who is most guilty keeps changing, but the 3 you mention have been consistently dreadful and should give their salry-to-date back to teh ticket holders. Connelly should be able to write off his giveaways as charity contributions on his federal form and on the state forms for all teams who benefitted from his gifts.

Awhile back, Danny Gare said the reason he was able to bury all those shots inside the far post is because he practiced shooting

hundreds of pucks every practice. A shooter shoots. He said, at least year, guys like Vanek don't practice shooting enough. IMO it really takes hundreds of reps and these so-called shooters just don't work hard enough.

Awhile back, Danny Gare said the reason he was able to bury all those shots inside the far post is because he practiced shooting

hundreds of pucks every practice. A shooter shoots. He said, at least year, guys like Vanek don't practice shooting enough. IMO it really takes hundreds of reps and these so-called shooters just don't work hard enough.

And Connolly wonders why he can't win a faceoff..........

:wallbash:

This is what happens when you don't have guys that can play in front of the net and pick up garbage goals.

You have to: a)drive to the net, b)have enough physical presence and will to stay there, c)set up a system to play the bottom 1/3 of the blueline and not the top 1/3, d)have enough touch to not trip on your ####

The system doesn't call for that except Lindy lets the old men and clunkers get board burns every now and then. Anyone that CAN play that way is either here for an 8 game tour of duty or was left to walk in '06

This is what happens when you don't have guys that can play in front of the net and pick up garbage goals.

You have to: a)drive to the net, b)have enough physical presence and will to stay there, c)set up a system to play the bottom 1/3 of the blueline and not the top 1/3, d)have enough touch to not trip on your ####

The system doesn't call for that except Lindy lets the old men and clunkers get board burns every now and then. Anyone that CAN play that way is either here for an 8 game tour of duty or was left to walk in '06

or as they say in basketball, we have a bunch of jump shooters but we don't have anyone who's any good in the paint.

Agreed, this is also part of it. The guys parked and fighting in front should also score off more rebounds so long as the first shot is on net rather than left, right, high, whiffed, etc. You are right, Linde has too many guys playing around the boards and not enough around the net. However, Kaleta picked up a nice rebound for a goal tonite doing just what we describerd, an accurate shot, and a drive to the net for a rebound.

Archived