WGR: Regier's statements this evening

static70

"I think that if you think that you're going to go out in this climate in the National Hockey League at this point in the season, and you're going to go pluck another player from another team that's going to come into this organization and turn your organization around, I don't think it works that way."

lol sounds like he struggled with that thought

I am torn. The realist in me knows that the only way real change is going to happen is if this team sucks up a storm and misses the playoffs. And I want real change badly.

But the fan in me wants to be entertained by these guys. I don't want them to lose. I want them to find a way into the playoffs and do well. But I know if they make the playoffs any change would be window dressing.

I HATE that I have to feel torn about my team.

If you want to start to make moves now at this point in the season, the only way you're going to be able to do it is you're going to have to give up your assets, and those are your best players and the reality is we're not going to move our best players. As difficult as it might be for me, for our fans, there is going to continue to be patience involved.

This quote PISSES me off. He is still talking about not giving up any of the core players. The only players worth having that mentality towards are Miller and Myers. Maybe (maybe) you can make that case for Vanek. But really? The rest of these guys are so valuable that they can't be moved? 8 points and last place overall and these guys are too valuable to part with? OMFG so Darcy.

This quote PISSES me off. He is still talking about not giving up any of the core players. The only players worth having that mentality towards are Miller and Myers. Maybe (maybe) you can make that case for Vanek. But really? The rest of these guys are so valuable that they can't be moved? 8 points and last place overall and these guys are too valuable to part with? OMFG so Darcy.

At least none of us actually expected him to say anything other than this. We know him too well.

Does anyone have any idea what these "positive signs" are that Regier mentioned? Did his Alphabets cereal spell the word PLAYOFFS? Did Roy get a new high score on Guitar Hero? Did Gaustad and Miller finally get that recipe for Tandoori Chicken Dip just right? What the hell was he referring to?

I love the that conversation on WGR. He says he is bothered where the team is. What is going to do to fix it? He will do nothing. This guy is a all-time friggin joke.

After Regiers comments I am of the opinion that he has to go NOW! He will be the death of me as a sabres fan. I can't possibly take another year of torturous mind numbing average bloody hockey from this team. I want a management group made up of classic type 'A' personalities that will stop at nothing to win the cup and compete balls to the wall every waking hour to get it. What we have now is the schoolyard wallflower thats content to let the girl come to him when he knows deep down inside that she never will but he hasn't got the balls nor the knowhow to try things differently.

After Regiers comments I am of the opinion that he has to go NOW! He will be the death of me as a sabres fan. I can't possibly take another year of torturous mind numbing average bloody hockey from this team. I want a management group made up of classic type 'A' personalities that will stop at nothing to win the cup and compete balls to the wall every waking hour to get it. What we have now is the schoolyard wallflower thats content to let the girl come to him when he knows deep down inside that she never will but he hasn't got the balls nor the knowhow to try things differently.

How great it must be to go to work every day and do nothing and if someone calls you on it you just tell them "Hey, I'm being patient."

Does anyone have any idea what these "positive signs" are that Regier mentioned? Did his Alphabets cereal spell the word PLAYOFFS? Did Roy get a new high score on Guitar Hero? Did Gaustad and Miller finally get that recipe for Tandoori Chicken Dip just right? What the hell was he referring to?

I love the that conversation on WGR. He says he is bothered where the team is. What is going to do to fix it? He will do nothing. This guy is a all-time friggin joke.

funniest post i've read today lol

I think the minute Connolly got booed off the ice, Darcy should have realized he needed to do something. Fans in Buffalo aren't known for booing their own guys. That's a Philly thing. He made the wrong move if he expects that statement to placate fans.

No - you must support that player even more so. It's only logical.

Darcy Regier is off playing in toxic waste, as he does every Thursday.

Mike Schopp: What are you doing Darcy?

Darcy: Playing in toxic waste. This is my standing 2:00PM Thursday appointment.

Mike Schopp: What are you gonna do if you get cancer?

Darcy: It will be a tough time but I'm going to be patient and let things work themselves out. I'm not about to give up the most important part of my week.

Darcy Regier is off playing in toxic waste, as he does every Thursday.

Mike Schopp: What are you doing Darcy?

Darcy: Playing in toxic waste. This is my standing 2:00PM Thursday appointment.

Mike Schopp: What are you gonna do if you get cancer?

Darcy: It will be a tough time but I'm going to be patient and let things work themselves out. I'm not about to give up the most important part of my week.

:clapping:

No - you must support that player even more so. It's only logical.

That's what you do with your kid when he drops the ball in little league.

Or when your college QB has a break down and gets roasted in the paper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoMmbUmKN0E

Not to your multi-millionare center who is supposed to be a PPG player but is too busy with the nose candy and trying to micterate upon Chippewa slutties.

I'm so sick of hearing it...Yes, I've said-This team has great players and could win a Stanley Cup as is. It COULD. Obviously, something is seriously wrong. Darcy Regier, you Mennonite freak, get lost. It's all about the Cup. We're sick of all this crap. We're sick of your "Have faith" baloney. How many years have we been listening to it? You are not God. You are NOT the God of assembling a hockey team. We'd have at least 8 Cups by now if you were. YOU SUCK! DIE!!!!

Right now I would be calling Calgary and seeing what they want for Iginla. after seeing what they took from the Leafs for Phaneuf, and knowing that there may be some "lockerroom problems" between him and the coach, I would be seeing what they want from this roster

Yea, Iginla. THANK YOU. Geez, who the HELL does Regier think he is? He's an IDIOT! DUH! I don't know what else to say. The man is schizo.

I'm so sick of hearing it...Yes, I've said-This team has great players and could win a Stanley Cup as is. It COULD. Obviously, something is seriously wrong. Darcy Regier, you Mennonite freak, get lost. It's all about the Cup. We're sick of all this crap. We're sick of your "Have faith" baloney. How many years have we been listening to it? You are not God. You are NOT the God of assembling a hockey team. We'd have at least 8 Cups by now if you were. YOU SUCK! DIE!!!!

I enthusiastically concur.

How great it must be to go to work every day and do nothing and if someone calls you on it you just tell them "Hey, I'm being patient."

The real simple solution to this problem is to stop buying merchandise and stop going to games.

As soon as TG finds out the money isn't rolling in anymore, he'll be calling Larry to find out why, and seeing as I feel 110% certain Larry won't be taking the fall on this, Regier will be the one to go.

But as long as those brand-spamking new jerseys keep selling, and the seats are full, everything stays exactly the way it is, simply because this franchise doesn't care if it wins or not, only if it makes money or not.

People need to realise that as long as they keep throwing money at this trainwreck, they're as much part of the problem as Quinn, Darcy, Ruff and the players are.

Archived