WGR: Regier's statements this evening

static70

The real simple solution to this problem is to stop buying merchandise and stop going to games.

As soon as TG finds out the money isn't rolling in anymore, he'll be calling Larry to find out why, and seeing as I feel 110% certain Larry won't be taking the fall on this, Regier will be the one to go.

But as long as those brand-spamking new jerseys keep selling, and the seats are full, everything stays exactly the way it is, simply because this franchise doesn't care if it wins or not, only if it makes money or not.

People need to realise that as long as they keep throwing money at this trainwreck, they're as much part of the problem as Quinn, Darcy, Ruff and the players are.

Truth.

I've been telling all my buddies and the Sabres faithful: Stop going to the home games. Stop buying merchandise. This organization needs a vast overhaul. The best way for the fans to show their distaste is by closing up their wallets.

I'm so sick of hearing it...Yes, I've said-This team has great players and could win a Stanley Cup as is. It COULD. Obviously, something is seriously wrong. Darcy Regier, you Mennonite freak, get lost. It's all about the Cup. We're sick of all this crap. We're sick of your "Have faith" baloney. How many years have we been listening to it? You are not God. You are NOT the God of assembling a hockey team. We'd have at least 8 Cups by now if you were. YOU SUCK! DIE!!!!

nice rant! except that the team is not good enough to win the cup. not even close. we have guys that, when the coach can cajole them into giving 100% effort, are ok. but when they don't, they're weak. regier accidentally assembled a good team here a few years ago, but he made the fatal mistake of thinking he was smart enough to let them walk when they deserved a raise, then draft their replacements. he's not. so we let our leaders walk and are over-invested in guys with no heart and no finish. sounds like a perfect recipe for failure to me.

these ###### quinn, regier and golisano think they're smart enough to win every year playing smallball and they obviously aren't. and we suckers keep coming back for more.

i can't believe the bills and the sabres have become the same team.

The real simple solution to this problem is to stop buying merchandise and stop going to games.

As soon as TG finds out the money isn't rolling in anymore, he'll be calling Larry to find out why, and seeing as I feel 110% certain Larry won't be taking the fall on this, Regier will be the one to go.

But as long as those brand-spamking new jerseys keep selling, and the seats are full, everything stays exactly the way it is, simply because this franchise doesn't care if it wins or not, only if it makes money or not.

People need to realise that as long as they keep throwing money at this trainwreck, they're as much part of the problem as Quinn, Darcy, Ruff and the players are.

I think step one of that process has begun. The house just isn't as packed as it use to be. It's going to get worse. It will be a subtle decline. It won't be like the next home will look they are playing in Atlanta. As this year goes and no changes are made it will become more noticeable. At that point it will probably be too late to save this season.

nice rant! except that the team is not good enough to win the cup. not even close. we have guys that, when the coach can cajole them into giving 100% effort, are ok. but when they don't, they're weak. regier accidentally assembled a good team here a few years ago, but he made the fatal mistake of thinking he was smart enough to let them walk when they deserved a raise, then draft their replacements. he's not. so we let our leaders walk and are over-invested in guys with no heart and no finish. sounds like a perfect recipe for failure to me.

these ###### quinn, regier and golisano think they're smart enough to win every year playing smallball and they obviously aren't. and we suckers keep coming back for more.

i can't believe the bills and the sabres have become the same team.

The Bills at least have a plan to turn things around. Status Quo is content to keep playing their instruments while the Titanic sinks.

Those empty seats have to be reflected in merchandise and food and refreshment sales. I don't think the owners are bad business people. Pun intended.

They have to connect the dots now.

AMEN BROTHER! Like the earlier posts, these guys (Darcy and Tommy Boy) are NOT BAD business ppl, the only way to get through to them and make this team better is by showing our displeasure by NOT attending home games, NOT buying the merch, etc

The Bills at least have a plan to turn things around. Status Quo is content to keep playing their instruments while the Titanic sinks.

Don't take drummed-up excitement for a plan. Ralp, Brandon, and Modrak are still in charge of the whole thing. Nix and Gailey won't be able to overcome that. Period.

I think the minute Connolly got booed off the ice, Darcy should have realized he needed to do something. Fans in Buffalo aren't known for booing their own guys. That's a Philly thing. He made the wrong move if he expects that statement to placate fans.

No - you must support that player even more so. It's only logical.

This and this. It really pissed me off hearing his response to that question. It usually bothers me when fans boo players on their own team because often it isn't justified, but TC has been stinking it up for a while now and he earned those boos. It's like a big F U to the fans when Darcy says that makes him want to support the player even more, like "I'm going to keep him just because you hate him." :death:

The day Drury and Briere left i distanced myself from the team and decided i would watch them if they were entertaining but I wasnt going to get emotionaly involved or pay for anything involving this front office run edition of our Sabres until they proved willing to go be aggressive and make this team a winner. Its a shame because I love watching them and cheering, however three years later I dont have any regrets putting my time into other things. It has been a long time since I watched a whole regular season Sabres Hockey game..I did last night only cuz I bet the over on the goals and needed six..LOL..Kept my interest right until the end....

How great it must be to go to work every day and do nothing and if someone calls you on it you just tell them "Hey, I'm being patient."

Someone should tell Darcy that patience is for prospects and rookies, not NHL regulars and veterans who know (and are capable of) better.

oh god please. you think those clown have any idea what to do to make that team better? they drafted a running back at #9 for god's sake.

oh god please. you think those clown have any idea what to do to make that team better? they drafted a running back at #9 for god's sake.

Not to mention Aaron Maybin, a player so bad he can't get on the field for maybe the worst defense in the league. He was drafted 11th overall.

I'm not thrilled with Ruff, Regier, and Quinn, but when it comes to futility the Bills are in their own universe. The Bills having a "plan" is laughable.

No roster changes for the forseeable future.

http://www.wgr550.com/Sabres-GM--stressing-patience/8516118

May as well write this season off and hope for the best deals at the deadline.

The Buffalo Sabres are heading for the number 1 pick over all.

Darren Dreger said on WGR this morning that Darcy Regier is calling around to make a move but it's very difficult in the salary cap era to make a trade. If there is no trade, i don't think it's because Darcy sat on his hands, it's just that nobody would dance with him....

Darren Dreger said on WGR this morning that Darcy Regier is calling around to make a move but it's very difficult in the salary cap era to make a trade. If there is no trade, i don't think it's because Darcy sat on his hands, it's just that nobody would dance with him....

Oh good, I guess if Darren Dreger says so.....

Archived