Dead Last

VansTheMans

As of tonight with the loss to Boston, Buffalo is dead last in the league:

-We are tied with Florida and Edmonton for last place with 8 points, but we have 3 games on them.

-We have a goal differential of -11.

-Buffalo and NJ are the only teams in the league without a win at home.

-It's now November, and neither Buffalo team has won a home game. :thumbsup:

The 40th Anniversary Season is looking good right about now.

Perhaps another week of losses will push this team over the edge into the point of no return.

I'm actually sort of hoping it happens. It's been three years overdue.

I hope the sabres won't do a a big push with a month left to the calendar and miss the playoff by 3 points then have the 14th pick on the draft. I doubt they going to suck so that they get the 1st round pick but the 4th or 5th should be good.

Regardless of what coach/GM is here henceforth, I pick my building blocks and just unload the baggage.

Gimme Roy, Myers, Adam, Kassian...everyone else can piss off. Try to bring in some character guys. Iginla would be a nice start. I'd also keep McCormick around.

And just think, you can just paint your bags blue and gold on one side, red and blue on the other, and just turn them around depending on which Buffalo team you're watching! Has any city ever had two of its professional teams finish last and both get the #1 pick in the upcoming draft before?

The Bills will most likely end up being dead last in the NFL.. however I sincerely doubt that the Sabres will be last in the NHL.

If we stay at the bottom another couple of weeks, heads will roll and we'll probably get better then anyways.

I'd be surprised if Darcy doesn't pull the trigger and get duped out of our first pick in the draft. This guy is incompetent and after sitting on his hands this off season and letting this squad regress rather than fixing the glaring weaknesses he should be run out of town. Ruff should be run out of town for publicly considering these guys stanley cup contenders this pre season. How can two guys running a franchise have such a skewed view on the teams value when literally everyone else in hockey has been saying that this team is bad? Regier and Ruf are like the doting parents who love their children unconditionally ignoring the fact that the kids continually get into trouble and act like sociopaths. Its everyones fault but little johnny. Time to farm out little johnny and bring in some new kids.

Regardless of what coach/GM is here henceforth, I pick my building blocks and just unload the baggage.

Gimme Roy, Myers, Adam, Kassian...everyone else can piss off. Try to bring in some character guys. Iginla would be a nice start. I'd also keep McCormick around.

Iginla is begging for a change in scenery. He's still an elite player. He has one of the most intense and vicious workout regimens in the NHL. I don't buy that his play is deteriorating because of age. He's just ready to leave Calgary.

I'd be prepared to offer Calgary quite a nice package for Iginla. His selling price has to be pretty low at this point. A 33 year old slumping 7 million dollar winger can't have too high of a price point.

I'd be prepared to offer Calgary quite a nice package for Iginla. His selling price has to be pretty low at this point. A 33 year old slumping 7 million dollar winger can't have too high of a price point.

How about a 26 year old 7 million dollar slumping winger?

Nothing is going to change. Darcy has this front office convinced of just waiting out the contracts that burden this team instead of finding ways to eliminate them. If it's not a financially safe move this team won't be doing it. The satisfaction of the fans is irrelevant.

Nothing is going to change. Darcy has this front office convinced of just waiting out the contracts that burden this team instead of finding ways to eliminate them. If it's not a financially safe move this team won't be doing it. The satisfaction of the fans is irrelevant.

That can be very true. Right now they are about $22 Million under the cap for next season. Maybe the Sabres are secretly "bottoming out" like the Bills are doing. Have a high draft pick next year and have a decent amount to hit free agency with. Maybe pull off a Kessel like trade and gain another high draft pick. Move Miller and Vanek and stock up on picks and completely rebuild through free agency? I wouldn't be against that plan. As long as someone other than Regier is executing that plan.

That can be very true. Right now they are about $22 Million under the cap for next season. Maybe the Sabres are secretly "bottoming out" like the Bills are doing. Have a high draft pick next year and have a decent amount to hit free agency with. Maybe pull off a Kessel like trade and gain another high draft pick. Move Miller and Vanek and stock up on picks and completely rebuild through free agency? I wouldn't be against that plan. As long as someone other than Regier is executing that plan.

I think having regier is exactly the reason why this might be the case. If regier is "patient" then this is exactly the type of plan he would support.

I think having regier is exactly the reason why this might be the case. If regier is "patient" then this is exactly the type of plan he would support.

Imagine the heat he will face. It'll be almost to much to bear. Paul Hamilton will probably have a heart attack. :ph34r:

Archived