Don't forget to vote!

nfreeman

There aren't enough repubs to enact anything controversial and the Dem in the big chair still has the V button.

It'll be gridlock I tell ya. GRIDLOCK !!!!

what you will see is passing social issue bills in the house to force Dems to vote for it in the senate, or at least try since they will likely be filibustered like so many bills in the past few years.

it will be gridlock and only the people will suffer from the nonsense.

What I said they want is exactly what they want. You can spin it any way you want to, but it doesn't make it false. The GOP is a party that fights for the uber-rich owners of the mega corporations to horde wealth despite the detriment to the infrastructure and the health and welfare of the general populace. The Tea Party is a fictional front of the GOP created by FOX News to stir up the ill will and fears of the brown man prevalent in poor rural America. Ironically, the very group most decimated by the GOP and its policies throughout the years. They are bigoted and fearful and highly ignorant and therefore are a perfect base of voters for a party that should never receive more votes than there are mega corporations in this country.

And you are either a dupe like the rest, or super wealthy and therefore with an actual GOOD reason to vote GOP. Period. Nothing you say to spin this argument away from these points matters a single bit. The truth is the truth.

The truth is that you are either off your meds or a sophomore in a NE college.

what you will see is passing social issue bills in the house to force Dems to vote for it in the senate, or at least try since they will likely be filibustered like so many bills in the past few years.

it will be gridlock and only the people will suffer from the nonsense.

There will be gridlock, but it will have nothing to do with social legislation, which won't be brought up by the House and which most people don't give a crap about anyway.

There will be gridlock, but it will have nothing to do with social legislation, which won't be brought up by the House and which most people don't give a crap about anyway.

I disagree, there are plenty of value voters, look at the Midwest, i believe it was Ohio where three of the states top courts judges were not reelected bc of gay marriage. Most people dont care about this kinda stuff in the NE but in the midwest and south they do, a lot.

That's kind of a silly statement. Would it be better if he went to Bob Jones U, where to celebrate the new millennium they finally allowed interracial dating?

What I said they want is exactly what they want. You can spin it any way you want to, but it doesn't make it false. The GOP is a party that fights for the uber-rich owners of the mega corporations to horde wealth despite the detriment to the infrastructure and the health and welfare of the general populace. The Tea Party is a fictional front of the GOP created by FOX News to stir up the ill will and fears of the brown man prevalent in poor rural America. Ironically, the very group most decimated by the GOP and its policies throughout the years. They are bigoted and fearful and highly ignorant and therefore are a perfect base of voters for a party that should never receive more votes than there are mega corporations in this country.

And you are either a dupe like the rest, or super wealthy and therefore with an actual GOOD reason to vote GOP. Period. Nothing you say to spin this argument away from these points matters a single bit. The truth is the truth.

Human beings share approximately 98% of their DNA with Chimpanzees. Apparently that last 2% involves government/politics/economics comprehension.

Be quiet when the grownups are talking.

Human beings share approximately 98% of their DNA with Chimpanzees. Apparently that last 2% involves government/politics/economics comprehension.

Be quiet when the grownups are talking.

There is a lot of truth in what he says, though (putting aside the way he said it). The only reason Bush won the popular vote as well as the electoral vote in 2004 is because they put a gay marriage vote on the ballot in states that he would have won soundly anyway. It brought many more voters to the polls than would normally have showed up. Rove didn't want them to have to defend an "illegitimate" President again. It was actually pretty brilliant.

I disagree, there are plenty of value voters, look at the Midwest, i believe it was Ohio where three of the states top courts judges were not reelected bc of gay marriage. Most people dont care about this kinda stuff in the NE but in the midwest and south they do, a lot.

First, this is an awfully broad generalization. Second, even if there is some truth to it (which there probably is), that doesn't mean that the House is going to pass social legislation.

That's kind of a silly statement. Would it be better if he went to Bob Jones U, where to celebrate the new millennium they finally allowed interracial dating?

I was merely guessing about the genesis of his political "philosophy." I said nothing about which whacked-out fringe was better than the other, and don't have much of an opinion about this either other than neither can be taken seriously.

There is a lot of truth in what he says, though (putting aside the way he said it). The only reason Bush won the popular vote as well as the electoral vote in 2004 is because they put a gay marriage vote on the ballot in states that he would have won soundly anyway. It brought many more voters to the polls than would normally have showed up. Rove didn't want them to have to defend an "illegitimate" President again. It was actually pretty brilliant.

It was really a way to turn out the vote to a struggling wartime pres. Not to pad the stats. Still makes it a good move. classic rove.

Value voters are still a strong presence. They will on one issue even if all the other stances a candidate has are against their interest.

Can you please explain how putting a gay marriage referendum in a ballot in a state Bush would have won handily anyway is the "only reason Bush won the popular vote"? I don't like generalizations, but I will make one here: the people who are strongly against gay marriage tend to be the people who come out and vote in every election, whether it be school board, primaries, midterms, special or general elections.

And how does rove manage that all on his own? That's giving him an awful lot of credit, more than I suspect he deserves.

It was really a way to turn out the vote to a struggling wartime pres. Not to pad the stats. Still makes it a good move. classic rove.

Value voters are still a strong presence. They will on one issue even if all the other stances a candidate has are against their interest.

I disagree. What good would it have done them to turn out the vote in states that he would have won anyway. It's only purpose was to pad the stats.

First, this is an awfully broad generalization. Second, even if there is some truth to it (which there probably is), that doesn't mean that the House is going to pass social legislation.

I was merely guessing about the genesis of his political "philosophy." I said nothing about which whacked-out fringe was better than the other, and don't have much of an opinion about this either other than neither can be taken seriously.

Thinking that the republican party benefits only the rich is hardly a fringe concept.

I disagree. What good would it have done them to turn out the vote in states that he would have won anyway. It's only purpose was to pad the stats.

If memory serves me correctly it was placed in other places like CA and the midwest, some of which are swing states.

Your point makes sense in the Deep south.

But it was also on the ballot in some states, inc deep south, to help the rest of the card in the congressional races as well as gubers.

Thinking that the republican party benefits only the rich is hardly a fringe concept.

While I disagree with the concept, I agree that it isn't a fringe view. However, it was the rest of the Chimp's post that, IMHO, merited the "whacked-out fringe" description. Do you disagree?

While I disagree with the concept, I agree that it isn't a fringe view. However, it was the rest of the Chimp's post that, IMHO, merited the "whacked-out fringe" description. Do you disagree?

I would like to agree with you, but when in this very thread the phrase "baby mamas on porches" was used, I tend to think that what he said has some merit.

Can you please explain how putting a gay marriage referendum in a ballot in a state Bush would have won handily anyway is the "only reason Bush won the popular vote"? I don't like generalizations, but I will make one here: the people who are strongly against gay marriage tend to be the people who come out and vote in every election, whether it be school board, primaries, midterms, special or general elections.

And how does rove manage that all on his own? That's giving him an awful lot of credit, more than I suspect he deserves.

Just because a belief is widely held doesn't mean it has merit.

I would like to agree with you, but when in this very thread the phrase "baby mamas on porches" was used, I tend to think that what he said has some merit.

JFC! when all else fails, accuse those you disagree with of racism. Don't let widespread usage of the term including on film, television and in pop culture get in the way of the penultimate way to win an argument. I can't believe I am going to say this, but we need SabresNeedACup to come in and educate the board on common use of the term baby mama!

Just because a belief is widely held doesn't mean it has merit.

JFC! when all else fails, accuse those you disagree with of racism. Don't let widespread usage of the term including on film, television and in pop culture get in the way of the penultimate way to win an argument. I can't believe I am going to say this, but we need SabresNeedACup to come in and educate the board on common use of the term baby mama!

I wasn't trying to win an argument. I was just trying to convey my beliefs. I guess I struck a nerve.

I wasn't trying to win an argument. I was just trying to convey my beliefs. I guess I struck a nerve.

Of course it strikes a nerve - its the accusation no one wants leveled at them - its the accusation that can't be dis-proven - which is why its the favorite tool of those who can't think of something more clever to say.

Of course it strikes a nerve - its the accusation no one wants leveled at them - its the accusation that can't be dis-proven - which is why its the favorite tool of those who can't think of something more clever to say.

Dude, c'mon.

"baby mamas on porches"

There's only one way to take that. And it's not that I can't find something more clever to say, it's that once I here something like that, I don't have a reason to try,.. it would be lost anyway.

On a side note to this, we always hear this "entitlement" talk when the elections are around. In my lifetime, I've paid more and less taxes under a R government. I've paid more and less taxes under a D government. It is amazing to me just how many words are used up arguing over a couple of hundred dollar swing each way. I just don't care about "entitlements".

Dude, c'mon.

"baby mamas on porches"

There's only one way to take that. And it's not that I can't find something more clever to say, it's that once I here something like that, I don't have a reason to try,.. it would be lost anyway.

On a side note to this, we always hear this "entitlement" talk when the elections are around. In my lifetime, I've paid more and less taxes under a R government. I've paid more and less taxes under a D government. It is amazing to me just how many words are used up arguing over a couple of hundred dollar swing each way. I just don't care about "entitlements".

There's your problem right there - grasping on to anything to justify pre-conceived notions and ignoring anything that might run afoul - also typical of those whose beliefs are framed for them by others.

And just keep leveling race allegations until the other side shuts up.

If you don't care how your taxes are spent then stick your head back in the sand; just make sure to pull your pants down before you do it.

There's your problem right there - grasping on to anything to justify pre-conceived notions and ignoring anything that might run afoul - also typical of those whose beliefs are framed for them by others.

If you don't care how your taxes are spent then stick your head back in the sand; just make sure to pull your pants down before you do it.

baby mommas on porches isn't leveling an accusation. that is a racial statements whether or not you believe its racist.

You cant really believe that people are calling you on that.

baby mommas on porches isn't leveling an accusation. that is a racial statements whether or not you believe its racist.

You cant really believe that people are calling you on that.

It's not racist, it's classist. There are baby mamas of all colors hanging out on porches where I live. I suspect that's true where you live, too.

I didn't say I don't care how my taxes are spent. I said that I don't care that they are spent on what the right affectionately calls "entitlements" (no pre-conceived notions in that name in order to incite anger, nope). I like knowing that some of my taxes are going towards helping someone who really needs it. Better there than lining some defense contractors pockets.

If you used that phrase as a pop culture reference and not a racist statement then I apologize, but if you think there are no racists out there, and that there aren't people that would use it (even subtly) to get those people to vote and act as a direct result of that racism, then maybe it's your head that is in the sand.

It's not racist, it's classist. There are baby mamas of all colors hanging out on porches where I live. I suspect that's true where you live, too.

There are other racsist statements that arent restricted to a particular race, however, it doesn not make them any less racist.

There are other racsist statements that arent restricted to a particular race, however, it doesn not make them any less racist.

If your definition of racist includes statements that don't apply to any particular race then maybe the tea partiers who live in Chimp's world who want to abolish all public schools have a point.

Jeeze, patty, where are you coming up with this? I am beginning to think your prior experience with the constitution that makes you such an expert on it was gained in a prison law library rather than a law school.

Archived