Don't forget to vote!

nfreeman

All I can think of is that if the millions of $$ that were spent on campaigning were spent to improve health care, etc. we all would be much better off. Fire everyone in government. Let the people rule by internet voting. It's only a matter of months before the spaceships show up, anyway.....:blink:

Not a bad idea, other than the hours each night we'd all have to be researching and reading law documents.

And there are always abusers of every system: welfare, food stamps, hockey teams, etc. I've known folks on welfare and food stamps, and generally they're decent people having a bad run. I'm fine with letting the 10% of abusers skate if the other 90% get the help they need. Sure, I'd like to cut the 10% off, but there's always a loophole or a way to game the system.

Obviously, you have never been in the Erie County Social Services Office. You've got a bunch of angry people yelling into their smart phones, wearing designer clothes, with as much bling as Mr T, and yet they can't pay their bills. That is not having a bad run. That's called not having any priorities.

Obviously, you have never been in the Erie County Social Services Office. You've got a bunch of angry people yelling into their smart phones, wearing designer clothes, with as much bling as Mr T, and yet they can't pay their bills. That is not having a bad run. That's called not having any priorities.

Next time you're there, because obviously you go there or you wouldn't have just said so, maybe borrow someone's camcorder and pan the crowd. I'm interested to see how much bling you're really seeing. Because I've had to go on food stamps before, when I lost my job due to injury, and honestly, there were alot of younhg mothers with kids, but there was hardly a clean shirt in the place.

What you're implying is that the majority of people who receive the government dole have enough material wealth to appear to not need said dole. I'm calling foul on your statement and outright accusing you of telling a fib.

Next time you're there, because obviously you go there or you wouldn't have just said so, maybe borrow someone's camcorder and pan the crowd. I'm interested to see how much bling you're really seeing. Because I've had to go on food stamps before, when I lost my job due to injury, and honestly, there were alot of younhg mothers with kids, but there was hardly a clean shirt in the place.

What you're implying is that the majority of people who receive the government dole have enough material wealth to appear to not need said dole. I'm calling foul on your statement and outright accusing you of telling a fib.

K cool.

Archived