GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Knightrider

Gerbe, sorry not a fan -- Gerbe rhymes with mini me.

I thought McCormick played well last night so I wasn't really sure why Gerbe got in tonight, but that said I thought he's been one of our better players tonight... Vanek and Roy have been invisible, Ennis has looked like a rookie, Sekera shaky as per usual, and Myers is directly responsible for two goals against (can't really fault the one going off his skate, but the point stands).

also I'm sure the Sabres are playing a little more wide open trying to get back into this game but pretty sure I just saw three odd man rushes in a row :death:

I thought McCormick played well last night so I wasn't really sure why Gerbe got in tonight, but that said I thought he's been one of our better players tonight... Vanek and Roy have been invisible, Ennis has looked like a rookie, Sekera shaky as per usual, and Myers is directly responsible for two goals against (can't really fault the one going off his skate, but the point stands).

also I'm sure the Sabres are playing a little more wide open trying to get back into this game but pretty sure I just saw three odd man rushes in a row :death:

Our 'core superstars' have been invisible and non-influential. Sad that our only offense is from a defenseman. That being said, I think Leopold is going to be a solid player for us all year; a good pick-up. Myers has had an awful game. Sekera has not backed up the team's rationale for keeping him as the #6 defenseman: "PP capabilities." Ennis needs to stop being like typical Roy - focus on passing and setting up a play - and just shoot the puck when he has a clear lane.

It's not like we haven't seen this effort about 50 or so times the past three years. The Home Opener and they come out like it's just another Wednesday night game in February. I shouldn't be shocked. When you don't make any changes why would expect a different result? Yet I am still shocked at how they didn't come out to play. With the performance tonight I expect to hear Donte Whitner crying and swearing in the Sabres locker room.

why did lindy change up the lines from last night? stafford, roy, and vanek are back together - i thought last night was a better offensive game because they were not all together.

Thank you, Lindy, for returning to the lines from last night. Since you have, we are clawing back into the game. I blame your bad decision for the way this game has been going up until now.

It's not like we haven't seen this effort about 50 or so times the past three years. The Home Opener and they come out like it's just another Wednesday night game in February. I shouldn't be shocked. When you don't make any changes why would expect a different result? Ye I am still shocked at how they didn't come out to play. With the performance tonight I expect to hear Donte Whitner crying and swearing in the Sabres locker room.

All this talk about guys "getting in the shape of their lives" and being "completely focused mentally," yet in typical Sabres fashion they come out ridiculously flat on the second game of a back-to-back. We have 21 more of these back-to-back'ers this season. Come on, guys!

All this talk about guys "getting in the shape of their lives" and being "completely focused mentally," yet in typical Sabres fashion they come out ridiculously flat on the second game of a back-to-back. We have 21 more of these back-to-back'ers this season. Come on, guys!

Agreed. Still can't win important/big games...any game that has attention, we are so unbelievably lackluster it is ridiculous. Winter Classic, Playoffs, 'must-win games,' and....season home opener. Awesome.

I think Gaustad asked to be thrown out of the faceoff so people would noticed he actually dressed for this game.

I am pretty sure I heard his name more than Connolly, Roy, and Vanek. They only reason I heard Stafford's name more was for his missed opportunities and errant passes. I don't think Gaustaud or his line are to blame.

It's not like we haven't seen this effort about 50 or so times the past three years. The Home Opener and they come out like it's just another Wednesday night game in February. I shouldn't be shocked. When you don't make any changes why would expect a different result? Yet I am still shocked at how they didn't come out to play. With the performance tonight I expect to hear Donte Whitner crying and swearing in the Sabres locker room.

I've been reserving judgment on this team once they started the season (I've said plenty during the off season) and maybe they haven't come together yet. I need a few more games, but as of now, they look like they are worse on D and pretty much the same up front. It's going to be a long season. :wallbash:

I've been reserving judgment on this team once they started the season (I've said plenty during the off season) and maybe they haven't come together yet. I need a few more games, but as of now, they look like they are worse on D and pretty much the same up front. It's going to be a long season. :wallbash:

We will have to see over the long haul how this team looks talent wise. Mentally? Tonight was a disturbing sign that the maturity is just not there.

Archived