Next year's lineup...

Barnabov

I really don't know about that mute..... Making them playoffs when most of the Northeast Division bulked up and added good players while we went with status quo like usual and stayed the same I think its going to be tough for the sabres to make the playoffs this year IMHO......

Who got decisively better? And before you say Boston with their addition of Horton let's remember they dealt a top 4 Dman in Wideman and wait and see what salary they end up purging to get under the cap. If they end up dumping Savard an argument can be made that they got worse. Ottawa losing Volchenkov and adding Gonchar seems like a wash. Toronto could be better with the addition of Versteeg, but even then Versteeg is only a 20 goal scorer, hardly a game changer. Plus, it'd be hard not to improve from being the worst team in the East. Finally, Montreal has made no signings and traded away their best player from the playoffs in Halak and currently has no goaltender other than Alex Auld under contract. Talk about status quo, technically the Sabres, with their 3 free agent signings, have been the most active team in the division.

The sabres have definately now improved their 'D' collectively with the latest addition but they have done nothing to improve their top 6. With this signing I am starting to feel a little better about Regiers methods but I'm still of the mind that our top 6 needs some new blood. Until I see that the jurys out on Regier for me.

Who got decisively better? And before you say Boston with their addition of Horton let's remember they dealt a top 4 Dman in Wideman and wait and see what salary they end up purging to get under the cap. If they end up dumping Savard an argument can be made that they got worse. Ottawa losing Volchenkov and adding Gonchar seems like a wash. Toronto could be better with the addition of Versteeg, but even then Versteeg is only a 20 goal scorer, hardly a game changer. Plus, it'd be hard not to improve from being the worst team in the East. Finally, Montreal has made no signings and traded away their best player from the playoffs in Halak and currently has no goaltender other than Alex Auld under contract. Talk about status quo, technically the Sabres, with their 3 free agent signings, have been the most active team in the division.

And the other key addition that everyone likes to mention for Boston is an 18 year old kid. Counting on him as this key addition that is going to make them so much better NOW is a big question mark.

Training camp will project the real roster at the start of the season, but as of now, this is my best guess.

Vanek-Roy-Stafford (why o why is Stafford still on this team?)

Ennis-Connolly-Pomminstein (Ennis should do well, "IF" Connolly can stay healthy, but his Calder chances are out the window IMO)

Hecht-Niedermayer-Grier (all of their contracts are up at end of season, what will line 3 Sabres be in 2011/2012 season?)

McCormick-Gaustad-Kaleta (satisfied with this line, for now)

Gerbe (The Gerbel waiting for a chance)

Myers-Leopold

Rivet-Sekera/Butler/Weber/Morrison

Montador-Sekera/Butler/Weber/Morrison

Miller

Lalaime

Thats my best guess so far.

Archived