Sabres sign Jordan Leopold

spndnchz

[quote name='nfreeman' date='02 July 2010 - 01:28 AM' timestamp='1278048530' post='215

+1

how are you quoting inks post when he didn't make it until 40 minutes after your post?

Oh, and I hate messing with quotes on my phone.

Ok. So Buffalo's Defense so far looks like Rivet, Myers, Leopold, Montador, Weber and Gragnani?? Who am I missing?

Shakira!

You know, Darcy needs another a third season to see if some of that ever elusive "potential" can appear.

It makes me sick to my stomach to think he is probably going to make the roster again.

Unless someone has an insight on Sekera's status next season. Is Gragnani going to overthrow him? Is there talk of this in the organization.

And then theres Butler. :bag:

To me it seems like Butler and Shakira have a better shot of being in the lineup again, rather than Weber and Grag pushing their ways through.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OK, I'm resurrecting this thread to make the following points:

1. No other Sabres news to discuss.

2. Pittsburgh, whose GM is well-respected, traded a 2nd-round pick for Leopold at the deadline.

3. Andy Sutton's hit on Leopold in the playoffs was a very dirty play -- it was a forearm to the head. Sutton should've been suspended.

Yes.

What does your post mean? That Leopold was a good pickup for Pittsburgh but not for the Sabres?

I have no problem with Leopold - as long as he doesn't start having multiple concussions.

Of course I do not know what your post meant either. Are you saying Leopold was a good pickup for Pitt but not for the Sabres? My statement just expanded on the facts in your statement.

I will speculate that you are commenting on how Darcy gets ripped for trading 2nd round picks for temp players while Ray Shero is thought of as very smart for doing the same. Of course Shero also is willing (and has the owners permission) to take risks by trading current players and prospects to bring in key experienced players (and also new prospects).

I have no problem with Leopold - as long as he doesn't start having multiple concussions.

Of course I do not know what your post meant either. Are you saying Leopold was a good pickup for Pitt but not for the Sabres? My statement just expanded on the facts in your statement.

I will speculate that you are commenting on how Darcy gets ripped for trading 2nd round picks for temp players while Ray Shero is thought of as very smart for doing the same. Of course Shero also is willing (and has the owners permission) to take risks by trading current players and prospects to bring in key experienced players (and also new prospects).

I just meant that if Shero thought enough of Leopold to trade a 2nd-rounder for him as a rental, that this is a good indicator on Leopold's abilities -- and hopefully means he was a good pickup for the Sabres. I guess that is what you meant as well -- just wasn't sure.

I don't put much stock in criticisms of DR for trading 2nd-rounders for rentals. I think a 2nd-rounder is a fair price to pay for a rental whom the GM thinks can help in a playoff run.

I just meant that if Shero thought enough of Leopold to trade a 2nd-rounder for him as a rental, that this is a good indicator on Leopold's abilities -- and hopefully means he was a good pickup for the Sabres. I guess that is what you meant as well -- just wasn't sure.

I don't put much stock in criticisms of DR for trading 2nd-rounders for rentals. I think a 2nd-rounder is a fair price to pay for a rental whom the GM thinks can help in a playoff run.

OK - we agree. Let's criticize each others grammar! :)

When Darcy does it and the Sabres win the Cup, I promise to think of him as very smart....

• 4 months later...

Darcy gets ripped because he trades 2nd round picks for players who come to Buffalo and do nothing. If he was bringing in guys who actually helped the team, it'd be a different story.

Shakira!

You know, Darcy needs another a third season to see if some of that ever elusive "potential" can appear.

It makes me sick to my stomach to think he is probably going to make the roster again.

Wow, I wonder how you feel about Sekera making the team now. I wasn't excited either but it looks like that elusive potential finally did appear. He's been good this year.

Archived