Cap Question

OTTOnME

Capgeek.com has it at $13,847,143. Lest we not forget RFA's Kennedy, Kaleta, Weber and Gragnani. The 4 of them won't get over $3 million between them so that leaves the Sabres $10 million or so of cap space to play around with.

Could someone tell me how much cap space Darcy Regier will have to work with this summer if Toni Lydman, Henrik Tallinder and Raffi Torres are allowed to sign elsewhere?

nhlnumbers.com

They currently have 15.572, but this does not include the RFA's they've given qualifying offers to as well as guys like Ennis or Gerbe who could be on the roster this year.

Could someone tell me how much cap space Darcy Regier will have to work with this summer if Toni Lydman, Henrik Tallinder and Raffi Torres are allowed to sign elsewhere?

The Sabres have approximately 45 million committed to 14 players. That leaves 14 million to sign 2 D, 1 C, 2 LW and 2RW. Some of these positions will be filled by signing our RFA's. Kaleta and Kennedy will be signed and the # of RW's & LW's should be reduced to 1 each. Hopefully Kenedy won't be playing center.

Capgeek.com has it at $13,847,143. Lest we not forget RFA's Kennedy, Kaleta, Weber and Gragnani. The 4 of them won't get over $3 million between them so that leaves the Sabres $10 million or so of cap space to play around with.

And if a guy like Weber or Gragnani wind up in Portland again, they'll be on the low end of their two-way contracts and won't count against the cap.

There is absolutely, positively no way both Weber,Gragnani, Sekera and Butler are all on the team next year so you have that to factor in as well. Throw in Stafford's contract and they have plenty of money to do something.

There is absolutely, positively no way both Weber,Gragnani, Sekera and Butler are all on the team next year so you have that to factor in as well. Throw in Stafford's contract and they have plenty of money to do something.

You forgot to add, "But don't hold your breath."

I realize that but I think Weber makes it. Maybe Gragnani as the 7th dman. I hate the way the defense looks but it's what they have.

Myers-FA

rivet-montador

weber-sekera

butler

Not me. They will do better.

There is nothing in that article that gives me more confidence. In fact, it makes me more suspect of Darcy's abilities than ever before. If we weren't going to keep T+L anyway then why not get a return on them last season? If it was because of the playoff possibilities then why not try harder than Raffi Torres? Darcy is a follower. Doesn't he realize he can move the market if he wants to instead of just watching it to see what happens?

I know I said it before, but this just feels like a lesser D+B situation.

I realize that but I think Weber makes it. Maybe Gragnani as the 7th dman. I hate the way the defense looks but it's what they have.

Myers-FA

rivet-montador

weber-sekera

butler

Darcy didn't say it ink, but I believe he is going to stick Weber with Myers. He was hinting at it in his interview earlier this year.

So, I would think we could be looking at the following:

Rivet - Gragnani/Sekera/Butler

Myers - Weber

Montador - Gragnani/Butler/Sekera

That is an awful lot of young d men.

I don't believe we pick up a D man in FA or by any other avenue this off season. I fully expect Darcy is confident in his stable of talent and will do exactly as he has stated he will, "build from within".

I have no problem with Darcy on this. He filled the stable with D men, he may as well use them. And some of them are young, but talented.

Nope, my problem with Darcy squarely rests with the offensive side of this team, and not the scoring alone. More to the point, a RWer for Roy/Vanek line, a "REAL" 3rd line center and some depth to fall back on.

This is why I get so frustrated with Darcy, 3 pieces I would target to improve. I don't know, but I thought Kennedy and Greir played fairly well together on line 3 last season, they were just missing that Center to elevate their games.

As for Roy/Vanek, people have been waiting for Stafford to develope for 3 seasons now into that RWer they need, its a failure. Another RWer needs to be brought in, IMHO.

As for line 2, Hecht/Connolly/Pomminstein, I would like to see Ennis on the LW. Just my opinion though, but Hecht didn't have a bad season last year. Ennis has much more upside.

I believe we see Gerbe on line 3/4 this season.

Darcy didn't say it ink, but I believe he is going to stick Weber with Myers. He was hinting at it in his interview earlier this year.

So, I would think we could be looking at the following:

Rivet - Gragnani/Sekera/Butler

Myers - Weber

Montador - Gragnani/Butler/Sekera

Do you remember what kind of comments they were that you think hinted at this? I never heard any of his interview. But with that said, why would it be Darcy hinting at potential combinations. That's Lindy's call, not his.

Archived