NHL Center Ice package....

buftex

Does anyone know, officially, what happens on the NHL Center Ice package, once the playoffs start? I know in years past, they carried first round games that were not on ESPN. Is OLN our only source for NHL playoff games this year? I thought I read somewhere that ESPN was trying to work out a small deal to carry playoff games only...anyone know? I will be pissed if I don't get to see the Sabres in the playoffs this year....

Does anyone know, officially, what happens on the NHL Center Ice package, once the playoffs start? I know in years past, they carried first round games that were not on ESPN. Is OLN our only source for NHL playoff games this year? I thought I read somewhere that ESPN was trying to work out a small deal to carry playoff games only...anyone know? I will be pissed if I don't get to see the Sabres in the playoffs this year....

NBC will show games also, but I don't know how many.

Any games that aren't on NBC or OLN should end up on Center Ice. I don't know if OLN takes over the broadcasts at the Semifinals, if they do then CI will only go through the 2nd round.

I'm pretty sure any game not shown on NBC or OLN will be on Center Ice.

PTR

I'm dreading the evening when the sabres are playing in a playoff game that goes to triple OT, its halfway through period #6 and its 12:58am. The sabres game is from 7pm-1am on the directv guide. At 12:59, tallinder dumps the puck around the D man, off the boards, and vanek takes the breaka... BLACK SCREEN.

That's the fear of a lifetime right there.

Honestly, this is why I haven't bothered to get Center Ice yet. No one seems to know how the hell it works. I don't know how many threads like this we've had. Are you telling me I could fork out all that money for Center Ice and not see every playoff game? What's the point? Jeanneret on the radio... not a bad way to listen to the playoffs, I guess.

The answer is unsure because of the new package deal with OLN.

In years past, you would get to the quarters with all games on Center Ice because there were multiple games each night, and select games were on ESPN

Once the semis hit, all the games were ESPN and duece cause it was down to one game per night.

Bottom line is you still had a chance to watch every game.....

As for DTV cutting off, I watched every one of Hasek's 70 saves against New Jersey in that marathon.

Hope this helps.......

2 years ago...though NHL Centre Ice...I was able to purchase the last month of the season + the playoffs...PLUS the entire next season (which never happened but I got a refund) for the same price as a full season...does anyone recall this promotion being mentioned anywhere for this season???

2 years ago...though NHL Centre Ice...I was able to purchase the last month of the season + the playoffs...PLUS the entire next season (which never happened but I got a refund) for the same price as a full season...does anyone recall this promotion being mentioned anywhere for this season???

"The playoffs" was up to and including the quarters for all involved teams.... Semis were still shown on national. Actually, it's been this way ever since there's been a Center Ice package. I would ge tthe games on Empire until ESPN took over.

Before that were the days of the old C Band, where I would call the Buff station about an hour before game time to find out what sat it was on.....

"The playoffs" was up to and including the quarters for all involved teams.... Semis were still shown on national. Actually, it's been this way ever since there's been a Center Ice package. I would ge tthe games on Empire until ESPN took over.

Before that were the days of the old C Band, where I would call the Buff station about an hour before game time to find out what sat it was on.....

1-800-333-PUCK. John Gurtler answered the satellite question for me more often than not.

I hope they clear it up so everyone knows where to look for which games. All the center ice website shows is this:

Q: ARE PLAYOFF GAMES INCLUDED IN NHL? CENTER ICE??

A: Yes, select games from the first two rounds of the Stanley Cup? playoffs are included.

http://www.indemand.com/sports/nhl2005/faq/faqs.jsp#1

I hope they clear it up so everyone knows where to look for which games. All the center ice website shows is this:

Q: ARE PLAYOFF GAMES INCLUDED IN NHL? CENTER ICE??

A: Yes, select games from the first two rounds of the Stanley Cup? playoffs are included.

http://www.indemand.com/sports/nhl2005/faq/faqs.jsp#1

Basically that means that games that don't end up on NBC or OLN will end up on CI. Until the match ups are announced, OLN and NBC won't pick their games.

1-800-333-PUCK. John Gurtler answered the satellite question for me more often than not.

OMG, I forgot about his CB wannabe rants during the commercial breaks. Ran into him when I had to go back to Buff for HOF dinner and teased him about it. Never heard him do that again.....

Don't let people's inability to give you a firm answer stop you from getting Center Ice. I've had it every season since '97 or '98 so I can tell what they've done every year since -- and there's no reason to think it'd be any different this year.

The clubs' contracted broadcast teams will carry the games and you can watch them on Center Ice. The exception would be if either NBC or OLN is carrying the game at which point you'll watch the national coverage because they have the rights to that game. For example, if your local NBC affilliate is showing a Western Conference game but the Sabres are playing at the same time and are also one of the games selected for coverage by NBC (but not selected to air in your city by your local affilliate -- like what happens with the NFL), you'll be able to watch NBC's coverage of the game on a Center Ice channel.

You get every single playoff game if you subscribe to Center Ice.

Archived