A Player Per Day: No. 37: Matt Ellis

Eleven

32 members have voted

1. 1. How I feel about this player:

• 5: Must keep under any circumstances.
    • 4: Would like to keep; would trade only for a great return (if under contract) or would pay a premium to re-sign (if FA).
    • 3: Don't care if he stays or goes; would make a fair trade (if under contract) or pay somewhat above current salary to re-sign (if FA).
    • 2: Don't want him on the team, really; would trade for a somewhat lesser return (if under contract) or sign at current or lower salary (if FA).
    • 1: Get this guy off of the team, no matter what it takes.

Ellis showed a lot more desire to win than any of the top 6 but he has to.Lots of heart and willingness to get in the dirty areas.I liked his game.It is what it is.And like the above poster said he does come cheap.

Get him off my team - tries hard, but is slow and has no skill at all. His game slipped as the season went on. His game has peaked, and is on the way down. I would rather watch someone with the potential to get better make a few mistakes then freaking Matt Ellis waste space on the ice. You think this team is boring? Guys like Matt Ellis are why. Not enough skill or speed to do anything but make the safe play.

Oh, and he has no edge to his game. Can't remember a big hit all season long. He's a big slow, soft, sloppy pu$$y.

If I was on the team, I would try hard too. Does that make me a 5? :lol:

He is JAG.

whats jag? and i do recall him scoring a goal in the playoffs, and he works hard in the corners, i think you guys are underrateing him a little bit. im not saying hes great, but the sabres could do alot worse.

Archived