RJ's last game tonight?

cdexchange

I was thinking yesterday... If and when RJ retires from the booth, wouldn't it be nice to have him be the arena emcee? He'd only work home games, and he could still call the goals and interact with the fans.

Echo those who thought this was great. It is.

Someone up thread mentioned that he gets a banner the second he's done. I don't think that's the right idea at all. They need to name something after him just like they did with Ted Darling. Granted, that was done under different circumstances, but RJ deserves much more than a banner. Any ideas on what to name after him?

Maybe a club at the Arena? The press box is named, so how about the "Rick Jeanneret Club" instead of the "Harbour Club?" Just one idea, I'm sure there will be many other good ones.

Someone up thread mentioned that he gets a banner the second he's done. I don't think that's the right idea at all. They need to name something after him just like they did with Ted Darling. Granted, that was done under different circumstances, but RJ deserves much more than a banner. Any ideas on what to name after him?

Up thread... I like that.

I don't know if this has been offered yet but how about a RJ DAY in Buffalo, with Rick getting a KEY TO THE CITY. I don't know who thought of T.O.'s idiotic event last year but RJ truly deserves the honor. He's been a cheerleader and a Buffalo booster for forty years and has represented us well in the national spotlight.

I don't know if this has been offered yet but how about a RJ DAY in Buffalo, with Rick getting a KEY TO THE CITY. I don't know who thought of T.O.'s idiotic event last year but RJ truly deserves the honor. He's been a cheerleader and a Buffalo booster for forty years and has represented us well in the national spotlight.

Who thought up that idea? A publicity ###### of a mayor. There's no VH1 cameras covering the daily life of RJ, so that will never happen.

Who thought up that idea? A publicity ###### of a mayor. There's no VH1 cameras covering the daily life of RJ, so that will never happen.

No, but I did enjoy his appearance on "Voices of the Game" on NHLN. Apparently Rick does a lot of wandering around the arena before games. :)

Definitely would have to be a bar.

Archived