Ennis, Myers, McCormick

ron89

I find it funny how everyone blames Roy, Connolly, & Pominville for not showing up as the reason the Sabres lost.

Do all of you realize there's another team on the ice? And maybe their game plan was to shut down these players and make the 3rd/4th lines beat them?

This isn't to acquit Roy, Connolly, & Pominville (I actually thought Roy & Pominville didn't play too badly last night), but let's give some credit to the Bruins.

I guess other teams don't try to shut down players like Ovechkin, Crosby, Mike Richards, on and on...

somehow they find a way to score, and score big goals to find a way to win. Thats the point...our supposed big players usually don't find a way to score the big goals.

I find it funny how everyone blames Roy, Connolly, & Pominville for not showing up as the reason the Sabres lost.

Do all of you realize there's another team on the ice? And maybe their game plan was to shut down these players and make the 3rd/4th lines beat them?

This isn't to acquit Roy, Connolly, & Pominville (I actually thought Roy & Pominville didn't play too badly last night), but let's give some credit to the Bruins.

I guess other teams don't try to shut down players like Ovechkin, Crosby, Mike Richards, on and on...

somehow they find a way to score, and score big goals to find a way to win. Thats the point...our supposed big players usually don't find a way to score the big goals.

I guess that's my point. The Bruins' plan is to shut down our best players, just like the Canadiens' plan is to shut down Ovechkin and the Senators' plan is to shut down Crosby. The difference is that Boston's plan is working, while Montreal's & Ottawa's aren't.

I guess that's my point. The Bruins' plan is to shut down our best players, just like the Canadiens' plan is to shut down Ovechkin and the Senators' plan is to shut down Crosby. The difference is that Boston's plan is working, while Montreal's & Ottawa's aren't.

So i guess we agree: roy, pommer, connoly can't find a way to get it done and other teams' stars can. case closed.

Really? That's the difference? Not that those other teams (Caps & Pens) have a level of offensive talent that the Sabres could only dream about?

Really? That's the difference? Not that those other teams (Caps & Pens) have a level of offensive talent that the Sabres could only dream about?

bingo. but don't forget about "heart" that we could only dream about. not just talent.

Take a look at the three names you just listed (especially the first two). Now look at the Sabres you're talking about. These guys should never be mentioned in the same sentence. You really need to come up with a better example instead of listing guy that there are only maybe 5 of in the entire league.

Take a look at the three names you just listed (especially the first two). Now look at the Sabres you're talking about. These guys should never be mentioned in the same sentence. You really need to come up with a better example instead of listing guy that there are only maybe 5 of in the entire league.

ok, so just pick a name off this list then: other than ovechkin or crosby (you have 28 other names to choose from by the way)

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm

you know what's funny...not one of them are sabres

Timmy absolutely sucks right now. He's soft, afraid of contact and gives the puck away in his own end way too frequently. Top that off with not moving his feet and skating at all and you have a guy who really has no business being out there with this team right now.

I know everyone is sick of smurfy forwards, but Ennis looked really good last night. He put a lot of pressure on the D. I see him up full-time next year and, if he turns into a capable finisher, he could put up pretty good numbers.

How's that for a positive angle on yet another debacle?

I really miss you-know-who and you-know-who-else.

You're assuming that they need to be shutdown. What are these 3 doing that is so dangerous to Boston? I don't think Boston is doing anything special to quiet our "best" players because our "best' players just aren't doing anything. They're inconsequential up to this point. I think Boston is just playing average solid hockey which is better than the soft style of hockey that the Sabres play.

I think those 3 names tell the story. Ennis, Myers, McCormick. When you have 3 players (2 rookies) that show up to play and your "supposed stars" you barely hear their names. Pommer, Roy, Connolly? not good.

I thought Kennedy and Kaleta put forth good efforts also.

When Connolly went down with a hit in the 3rd I actually said "oh great, now he'll be out for a year with a broken hip".

Some Sabre veterans, namely the three listed above and I'll had Drew to the list too.

I think this thread would be a good opportunity to welcome Ennis and Myers to "The New Core." Which currently has four members. Miller, Vanek, Myers and Ennis. Others on the roster need not apply.

why not kennedy?

Come on. Do you think the Bruins game plan would be to shut down the Capitals and Penguins top-two lines also? Do you think they could DO IT against them? Not a chance. This is a very average Bruins team that is exposing a Sabres team that isn't even that. The Bruins offense is so bad they have two forwards who couldn't even MAKE this Sabres team (Satan and Paille). And yet they aren't even sweating this series... just push Buffalo all over the ice and you'll be fine. That's their game plan. Buffalo can't respond - they aren't capable. Until this team gets "Blown Up", it will continue. You keep Miller, Myers, and guys that make low-money who contribute (Kaleta, Ennis, etc.). Other than that, you purge this roster after what you have seen against the Bruins. If this didn't do it, I don't know what will.

BINGO

Archived