HECHT OUT FOR SERIES

tom webster

Does ne1 remember last year when people wanted to get rid of him for a bag of pucks???Now it's a blow to our chances of winning,,,,,, How things change over time lol

Yeah it's true last year i wanted to trade hecht for a filet-o-fish now i'm f%$#?ing mad cause that ###### won't play. That guy know how to grind my gears (thanks to peter griffin i'm using this expression)

It's a good thing that we had a few guys out for a few weeks to end the season. Ennis (and to a lesser extent Gerbe) got the chance to fit into the team, which will make losing Hecht a little easier than if he hadn't. Also, Kennedy got a chance with Stafford out to play up on a scoring line. We have some decent lower-line players to handle those spots, but it's been good to find that we have two bonafide scoring-line forwards to fill in.

Yeah it's true last year i wanted to trade hecht for a filet-o-fish now i'm f%$#?ing mad cause that ###### won't play. That guy know how to grind my gears (thanks to peter griffin i'm using this expression)

I would still get rid of him for the 2nd half(.29) version of the special..He is junk....We wont miss him one bit...

Someone explain to me how injured fingers can have absolutely anything to do with Ruffs 'system'? I can understand how broken noses might be attributed to the flyers 'system' of the seventies or how wind blown hair might be attributed to the oilers ...well maybe not that one.But broken fingers to any particular system.Come on.I'd like to hear it.

Someone explain to me how injured fingers can have absolutely anything to do with Ruffs 'system'? I can understand how broken noses might be attributed to the flyers 'system' of the seventies or how wind blown hair might be attributed to the oilers ...well maybe not that one.But broken fingers to any particular system.Come on.I'd like to hear it.

I'm pretty sure that was a joke.

after watching the game last night. i think it could be a blessing in disguise to have a fresh body in round 2 (hoping he makes it back by then, obviously).

having Hecht, Stafford and the Sekera-Butler tandem fresh definitely bodes well for a long term playoffs run.

earlier in the season, who woulda thunk we'd have Ennis and Kennedy in the top 6 and Myers as a top D-man come playoff time.. Ennis needs to bury some more of the chances that come to him; Kennedy i wouldn't change a thing, he's full of bustle and brimstone on that top line. Myers came along a little more as the game progressed, definitely room for improvement there, especially inside our blue line.

• 2 weeks later...

Hecht's absence hasn't been talked about by too many people. He had a really good year on the wing, and I think not having him in the lineup was a really tough pill to swallow. Would having him in the lineup made a big difference? I think a lot of things had to happen going into the playoffs and his inclusion among all the other health related issues the guys faced was probably a factor in terms of grit and puck control. Might have opened up the slackers to score a little more, but we'll never know.

Archived