Did Lalime cost the Sabres a chance at the #2 seed?

deluca67

I'm listening the WGR replays and Paul Hamilton is describing the follies that happened when the Sabres pulled the goalie against the Devils. 1st Lalime wasn't paying attention when Ruff wanted to pull him. 2nd he fell into the boards and never made it to the bench and the extra attacker never made it onto the ice. Any thoughts on this?

It looked a bit like ice follies but they were out of it by that point anyways.It would be nice to know that the coaches communication with his goalie would be tuned up for the playoffs.It would suck to lose a playoff game under those circumstances.

Patty was 1-6 his last 7 starts. In his 6 losses, the team scored a whopping 9 goals. Kinda like that stretch of 3 games when Miller was injured last year when he stood on his head and only allowed 6 goals in 3 games and the team only scored 3 goals for him. Patty deserves no blame for anything........ just sayin'.

It looked a bit like ice follies but they were out of it by that point anyways.It would be nice to know that the coaches communication with his goalie would be tuned up for the playoffs.It would suck to lose a playoff game under those circumstances.

The post might be somewhat in jest, but there is something to worry about here. Remember when Miller and Ruff couldn't communicate on when Miller was supposed to be pulled in the Montreal (I think) game? Ruff did the old "one finger to each eye" gesture, like he's Jack Bauer or something. Then Ruff blamed himself for a too many men on the ice penalty recently. Then he admitted he couldn't figure out who to put out as the sixth attacker. "The coach had a bad night too," he admitted.

Ruff needs to get himself together for the playoffs.

You can't blame Lalime for that loss. two stupid penalties in the last 2:21 of the game was why Lalime wasn't pulled earlier. When they did pull him we had just got one skater back on the ice and one still in the penalty box and we did'nt have the puck in the Devils zone.

The post might be somewhat in jest, but there is something to worry about here. Remember when Miller and Ruff couldn't communicate on when Miller was supposed to be pulled in the Montreal (I think) game? Ruff did the old "one finger to each eye" gesture, like he's Jack Bauer or something. Then Ruff blamed himself for a too many men on the ice penalty recently. Then he admitted he couldn't figure out who to put out as the sixth attacker. "The coach had a bad night too," he admitted.

Not too many goalies are expecting to be pulled in that situation on sunday. As for that Miller-Ruff situation, it never looked like a lack of communication to me. Miller wanted to go off the ice earlier, Ruff wanted him to wait. Miller got his attention from the ice and they sorted it out quickly. Just a difference of opinions, not a failure to communicate.

He did, but not in that game. He cost them the two seed by sucking all season. The ice follies between he and the ref, and taking a header into the boards, was symbolic of his ineptitude all year long.

I am being too rough. He had his moments where he played well, but they were too few and too far between to be acceptable.

You are reaching here - it wasn't a lack of communication in that game, it was disagreement over when Miller should come out.

You are reaching here - it wasn't a lack of communication in that game, it was disagreement over when Miller should come out.

Sorry, but only someone without a life would study the video like I did. Miller had no idea what Ruff wanted. When play resumed, you can hear Lalime -- I'm 90% sure it's the voice of Lalime -- telling Miller "one in the PP." One minute left in the power play. Miller and Lalime worked out what Ruff wanted.

On Sunday, Ruff had to tell Lalime far ahead of time he was going to be pulled in a certain situation. It shouldn't have been a Chinese fire drill with 10 seconds left.

He did, but not in that game. He cost them the two seed by sucking all season. The ice follies between he and the ref, and taking a header into the boards, was symbolic of his ineptitude all year long.

I am being too rough. He had his moments where he played well, but they were too few and too far between to be acceptable.

2.14 GAA and a .924 SV% in his last 6 games, yet he went 1-5................... yeah it's all his fault.:wallbash:

I don't understand how that late game folly could have costed us the #2 seed. The Sabres needed to win in regulation and this happened with under 5 seconds left. If Patty stayed in net and made that save, were the Sabres going to turn around and get up ice in 2 seconds to score the winner?

I'm listening the WGR replays and Paul Hamilton is describing the follies that happened when the Sabres pulled the goalie against the Devils. 1st Lalime wasn't paying attention when Ruff wanted to pull him. 2nd he fell into the boards and never made it to the bench and the extra attacker never made it onto the ice. Any thoughts on this?

Paul Hamilton will put the blame on anyone to get listeners to call in and gripe. Lalime played his best game of the season and gave us plenty of time to seal that game before the last minute of the game. And the reason Lalime didnt make it to the bench is because he got tangled up with the ref on his way to the bench. If you wanna place blame, place it on a lack of goal production in that game...and to the referee who wasnt paying attention and got steamrolled by lalime.

2.14 GAA and a .924 SV% in his last 6 games, yet he went 1-5................... yeah it's all his fault.:wallbash:

He played better, no doubt, the last six games, but what about before that? He does a good impression of miller's WTF wave, and got more practice at it this year. He needs quicker feet!

Archived