What Sabres Do You See Elevating Their Game In The Playoffs?

VansTheMans

The whole team better step it up. If there's more than one or two guys that don't kick it into playoff gear then we're hosed.

With that being said, I get the feeling that they're a relaxed group and they are just waiting for round 1. I don't like that approach, and they are definitely not saying that, but that's the feeling I get. Then again, maybe that's just me being a fan and not seeing reality. I would like to think that their place in the standings represents this team better than a couple of let-down games.

Connolly turned it up in the playoffs for the 05-06 season. He could do it again.

I have a slight suspicion that JPom might surprise us all and have an awesome playoffs. He's been hot in the tail end of this season, and I can see that carrying over into the playoffs.

Connolly turned it up in the playoffs for the 05-06 season. He could do it again.

I have a slight suspicion that JPom might surprise us all and have an awesome playoffs. He's been hot in the tail end of this season, and I can see that carrying over into the playoffs.

Conolly and Pominville are key for the Sabres to advance.

Something tells me its going to be fun watching Tyler Myers in the playoffs. :thumbsup:

We all know the playoffs are an entirely different beast from the regular season. The game is played differently, officiated differently and has an entirely different feel.

It requires players to step up, and kick things up another notch. They need to hit that "5th gear", play with heart and give it everything they got.

What Sabres do you see that are capable of this?

I think Myers could be FANTASTIC in the playoffs. I feel like he has that higher gear. He's shown glimpses of physical play this season; I think he'll really develop a mean streak come playoff time. He's shown that he is capable of taking a game over, leading rushes and creating scoring opportunities seemingly at will; hopefully he'll do this more often in the playoffs. He lead his junior team to the finals last season, and even won MVP. If he plays like that in the playoffs this year, we as fans are in for a real treat.

What Sabres do you see elevating their games for the playoffs?

ITs pretty simple for me..If Miller can become a 4x6 brick wall we will be ok..Other than that this team gets bounced in the first IMO

I'm thinking Torres is going to be an animal during the playoffs. Not a scoring animal, but a rabid animal. I see him and Kaleta throwing their weight around and playing very physical. I sure hope Miller returns to himself soon too.

I'm thinking Torres is going to be an animal during the playoffs. Not a scoring animal, but a rabid animal. I see him and Kaleta throwing their weight around and playing very physical. I sure hope Miller returns to himself soon too.

I continue to be really confused as to why they bring in a guy who was on the verge of a 20 goal season, should be able to fit somewhere into our top 6, and yet within a game or two was playing on the 4th line and continues to play there. :blink:

Are Ruff and Regier on the same page at all or do they just like pissing away 2nd round picks?

I continue to be really confused as to why they bring in a guy who was on the verge of a 20 goal season, should be able to fit somewhere into our top 6, and yet within a game or two was playing on the 4th line and continues to play there. :blink:

Are Ruff and Regier on the same page at all or do they just like pissing away 2nd round picks?

I'm certainly not here to defend either coach or GM but Torres has been close to disasterous everytime he's on the ice. The only place he fits right now is the 4th line. When he was with "skill guys" he was putting them offsides, passing into their skates and even running into them. Maybe the Sabres should have done their homework on this but however he scored those 19 goals can not be replicated in this environment. Maybe it's chemistry, maybe his set up men was better, whatever the case, he is not the player they thought they were getting.

I'm interested to see how Kaleta elevates his game, if he's healthy. He's the type of player/annoyance that can be really effective come playoff time. I wouldn't be surprised to see his minutes increase. This would seem to be his time of year, there will be few if any fights, so he'll be able to run around and **** everyone off. I also see Lydman stepping up his play. He's been solid in spurts and he's playing for a contract with someone team. So he should be motivated beyond just playing in the tournament.

I am very interested to see what the Sabres will do when the time comes to pick a lineup when all are healthy. How can you not play Ennis...

Ennis has to stay in the lineup, no doubt about it, the kid has mad puck handling skills and sees the ice very well.

I would love to predict Kaleta and Connolly, but Kaleta seems like he will be out for at least the 1st round, and TC's mysterious injury is starting to really concern me. Right now I can't feel confident that he will be there on opening night for round 1.

Others I can see stepping up: Roy, Hecht, Grier, Gaustad, Myers and Sekera.

It's kind of a nice question to wonder about, eh?

I would love to predict Kaleta and Connolly, but Kaleta seems like he will be out for at least the 1st round, and TC's mysterious injury is starting to really concern me. Right now I can't feel confident that he will be there on opening night for round 1.

Others I can see stepping up: Roy, Hecht, Grier, Gaustad, Myers and Sekera.

It's kind of a nice question to wonder about, eh?

For sure!!!

I'd love to see the boys come out with some intensity in the first game. :thumbsup:

Roy has been putting up some solid numbers lately.

Is it me, or does he seem to perform better when TC isn't on the team?

I think he may have some ego issues.

Roy does seem to step up his game when called upon, but the Roy's, Pominville's the Tyler's (everyone) has got to bring it on every game now throughout the playoffs for us to make it to the big dance and beyond.

Miller has already proven to the world that he's a Championship caliber Goalie, but he can't do it alone...

Archived