If Robie can't come back -- what about Gare as a replacement

notwoz

Sorry to contradict, but most of the posters used it as an excuse to dump on Harry Neale and have Danny Gare replace Harry. Not one person used that thread to discuss replacing Robi Wan Kenobi if he can't return to broadcasting.

Sorry to contradict, but most of the posters used it as an excuse to dump on Harry Neale and have Danny Gare replace Harry. Not one person used that thread to discuss replacing Robi Wan Kenobi if he can't return to broadcasting.

No problem! Wasn't trying to insinuate this not needing it's own thread. Just wasn't sure if you had noticed the other thread and if you'd have been interested in what some others here were saying regarding Gare.

I agree with you, I'd love to see Gare back full time next year in one of the spots, if available. :thumbsup:

Nothing against Roby and I hope he gets well soon but it has been over for him for quite awhile. Always the same "Robyisms" year after year. I remember falling off my couch this year when he called the Sabres a "complete team." Yeah, whatever Mike. That tool Sylvester can follow him out too. Gare is really good in small doses but he's limited as well.

man I really am out of touch. Knowing Columbus, he was probably too knowledgeable for the fans there and they had no idea what he was talking about.

As a CBJ season ticket holder, but a life long Sabres fan who grew up in Lancaster, I thought it was great when the Jackets hired Gare. The reason he was let go was that he was perceived by the team (which hires all the radio and TV play by play and analyst guys)as being too critical of the team. He was no more critical than he was as an analyst in Buffalo.

Gare has been EXCELLENT in the games I've watched at home. I really enjoy hearing his input.

He's always been great, even in the old days prior he left. They have to find the budget to keep both for the playoff run and playoffs (assuming Roby is ok, anyone have an update?). Gare is a very smart hockey mind and i absolutely enjoy listening to him talk hockey.

How about Barnaby as a rpelacement for either Robie or Neale? I don't see him much on ESPN, but on the rare occasion that I do, he seems to do a good job.

Doubt Sabres would hire Barnaby and i doubt he would want to work for the Sabres. He seems to still have a thing for Lindy Ruff. On TSN during trade deadline he said Ruff was a "good coach but didn't like him" and on ESPN he's taken a few jabs at Ruff, including for not playing Miller in Pittsburgh. WGR asked Rob Ray what he thought of ESPN and Barnaby ripping Ruff apart, and Ray said "who cares what ESPN says, and who cares what Barnaby has to say?"

Archived