Bring Marty back

Onceagain

This team could desperately use Marty back here. When Lalime starts the team plays tentatively in front of him. Marty is well rested and riding the pine in NY as the no. 3 goalie. Bring him back!

I am not a Lalime fan. Lalime was not the issue tonight. The problems run deeper than that.

No backup is going to teach Vanek, Pominville and Roy to put away their chances.

That, and a coach who seems to believe hockey should be free from physical contact.

I mean, do we have a different defensive approach other than "back up, back up, back up, stickcheck, stickcheck, stickcheck"?

I don't believe this is a roster issue alone. I've watched a lot of European hockey in my life, and I'm telling you right now - Even in the Swedish Elite-League the Sabres would be considered a soft team.

Obviously, the difference in style might not be as glaring as it appears here, but it would still be noticable rest assured.

50 hits a game won't win you anything, sure, but watching the Sabres get bossed around like tonight is just embarrasing.

Backup goalie is NOT the ONLY problem.

Slight edit. There are other problems, to be sure, but the backup goalie situation still needs to be addressed, IMO. It still seems that Lindy has little confidence in Patty, which leads to LR putting Ryan between the pipes more than he should, which results in a tired Miller and a rusty backup.

I don't think we necessarily need Marty back, but any backup who Lindy will trust to play more often than three times since Jan. 1.

That, and a coach who seems to believe hockey should be free from physical contact.

I've noticed that even Kennedy who surprised everyone with his gritty play this season has shied away from hitting since Ruff benched him. It's the Lindy Ruff school of "don't hit anyone because you take yourself out of position" aka pussification process.

I've noticed that even Kennedy who surprised everyone with his gritty play this season has shied away from hitting since Ruff benched him. It's the Lindy Ruff school of "don't hit anyone because you take yourself out of position" aka pussification process.

Which is funny, cause I don't remember any goals we've scored because an opposing player tried hitting one of our guys, putting himself out of position.

I'm sure it's happened, but I refuse to believe it happens enough to completely shy away from hitting because of it.

Slight edit. There are other problems, to be sure, but the backup goalie situation still needs to be addressed, IMO. It still seems that Lindy has little confidence in Patty, which leads to LR putting Ryan between the pipes more than he should, which results in a tired Miller and a rusty backup.

I don't think we necessarily need Marty back, but any backup who Lindy will trust to play more often than three times since Jan. 1.

In other words, we're looking for a backup who literally never has a bad game.

I'll tell you something which is a lot easier to find - A new coach.

In other words, we're looking for a backup who literally never has a bad game.

A new coach is definitly easier to find, a better one is not.

Fans can blame Ruff all they want, but he is not an issue, what other coach is going to make this team better? When your "elite" position players (not goalie) are Vanek, Roy, and Pomminstein, just be happy to be in a playoff spot.

Unfortunatly the problems go much higher, where you have a GM who "plan" is that time will make everything better. I don't think I have ever seen a GM so afraid to make a serious move to try and improve the team, instead he prefers to just tell the media how these players will just get better over time. I'm all for building through the draft, but theres a difference between hat and Regiers, Draft players and keep everything status quo until they reach their potential.

you can say all you want that the season is still "early", but watching the start of the season, the only difference between then and now is the end result being a win cause Miller was at the top of his game. It hid alot of the problems on this team. Its the same approach that the Sabres had when Hasek was in net. Mediocre at best forwards and defencemen, relying on a great goalie to hold them in games. Its possible to win that way, but you either need 2 really good goalies to go deep in the playoffs, or one with racehorse stamina that can play 70+ games plus the playoffs without wearing down.

And whom would that be, that Quinn could get to come to Buffalo and even do close to the job Lindy has done with the level of talent on this roster, say nothing of better than him?

A new coach is definitly easier to find, a better one is not.

Fans can blame Ruff all they want, but he is not an issue, what other coach is going to make this team better? When your "elite" position players (not goalie) are Vanek, Roy, and Pomminstein, just be happy to be in a playoff spot.

Unfortunatly the problems go much higher, where you have a GM who "plan" is that time will make everything better. I don't think I have ever seen a GM so afraid to make a serious move to try and improve the team, instead he prefers to just tell the media how these players will just get better over time. I'm all for building through the draft, but theres a difference between hat and Regiers, Draft players and keep everything status quo until they reach their potential.

you can say all you want that the season is still "early", but watching the start of the season, the only difference between then and now is the end result being a win cause Miller was at the top of his game. It hid alot of the problems on this team. Its the same approach that the Sabres had when Hasek was in net. Mediocre at best forwards and defencemen, relying on a great goalie to hold them in games. Its possible to win that way, but you either need 2 really good goalies to go deep in the playoffs, or one with racehorse stamina that can play 70+ games plus the playoffs without wearing down.

+1

And whom would that be, that Quinn could get to come to Buffalo and even do close to the job Lindy has done with the level of talent on this roster, say nothing of better than him?

I think it runs deeper than that.

I'm not saying the roster isn't a problem, but I can't see why Lindy gets a free pass every time. Like why does he have a -2 rookie on the ice with one minute remaining in the third, all tied up with a hated rival?

Not saying Lindy hasn't done well given what he's had to work with, but the man is definitely not without his shortcomings, and some of those shortcomings are quite serious. Like the inability to coach a powerplay.

With regards to who can do a better job. Neither you or I can say that anyone would be able to do a better job for certain, but we couldn't say the opposite either.

Firing and hiring a coach is always a gamble. So was firing Nolan and hiring Ruff back in the day.

*edit

Too much venting

The coaching staff is not the only one to blame. The players are playing with no heart. Vanek's ridiculous salary has done nothing. He has not shown to be an Elite type of player they hoped for. The players are not playing with any passion.

They need to bring someone in. Either a FA or thru trade. Roy consider him gone. Put him on the trade block he can be a 3rd liner in NY for all i care.

A backup goalie wont help either. Miller's mindset is all over at the moment. He has to prepare for the US Olympic team, yet alone for the Sabres. Even though he starts every night for Buffalo.

The coaching staff is not the only one to blame. The players are playing with no heart. Vanek's ridiculous salary has done nothing. He has not shown to be an Elite type of player they hoped for. The players are not playing with any passion.

They need to bring someone in. Either a FA or thru trade. Roy consider him gone. Put him on the trade block he can be a 3rd liner in NY for all i care.

A backup goalie wont help either. Miller's mindset is all over at the moment. He has to prepare for the US Olympic team, yet alone for the Sabres. Even though he starts every night for Buffalo.

Sure wouldn't mind if that were true.

Hey everyone im new here. My names kris and its nice to meet you all. If your on facebook i created a page to bring marty back to buffalo. If u dont mind following that would be great and if we can spread the news around maybe management will take notice. I'm aware lalime is not the only problem on the team, but i cant take watching his play anymore. Miller is spent and with the olympics coming up he is going to be dead. We need Martin Biron back. So tell your friends and join the group please. Thank you!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=294313685052#!/group.php?gid=294313685052

Hey everyone im new here. My names kris and its nice to meet you all. If your on facebook i created a page to bring marty back to buffalo. If u dont mind following that would be great and if we can spread the news around maybe management will take notice. I'm aware lalime is not the only problem on the team, but i cant take watching his play anymore. Miller is spent and with the olympics coming up he is going to be dead. We need Martin Biron back. So tell your friends and join the group please. Thank you!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=294313685052#!/group.php?gid=294313685052

Welcome to the board. Please don't let this be the only two times that you post on here. We look forward to more input from you.

Archived