GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Agreed. It should be Lalime tonight. But the tail will almost surely be wagging the dog here as Miller will want a start in that building.

I think I remember Ruff's comment about the Eastern Conference race. I can't believe he's going to burn out Miller to chase a title that he knows is meaningless.

Can't blame Miller for insisting on it & can't blame Lindy if he gives in. I'm sure that Miller loves playing for the Sabs, but I'm just as sure that he's anxious to test that Vancouver ice.

On a related note, did anyone catch this article in the Vancouver paper about Ruff? I was surprised to read that he recently signed a long-term extension to his contract; Ruff signed for 3 years with a club option for a fourth year on June 14, 2007 (just weeks before the Drury-Briere debacle) at the same time as Regier signed a 2 year extension with no option. That would mean that Ruff was coming up this summer for renewal - but the article sounds like Ruff signed on for more than just 1 year.....then again, Regier's deal from 2007 expired last summer and I never read anything about an extension he must have gotten:

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/hockey/canucks-hockey/sabrespace/2481129/story.html

Wow, the research on that one was basic at best, and the analysis, thin. Not to mention what others have pointed out about Ruff's contract.

Archived