GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Lots of penalties being called so far. I'm stuck streaming the SJ radio broadcast, are these penalties legit or are the refs whistle happy?

They're being rather lenient with the Sharks. The "Sharkies" could have had about three other penalties called against them this period.

Can't get enough drinking done in the 3 hours after the game?

Well, I made it to mid-way through the first period. And even that took slices of pizza and the will to drink drinks that I didn't want or need.

And I just yelled at some kids who were on my lawn.

Lots of Sabres' bodies falling down that period. That makes me uncomfortable. They need to come out in the second and finish their checks.

Lots of non-calls against the minnows. The refs could do something about it, but as we all know, they won't. So yeah, you're right.

Aside from the PP, that was the best first period I have seen out of the Sabres this entire season. The Sabres did to the Sharks what just about every team has done to the Sabres this year in the first period. The Sabres came out with a ton of offensive pressure and tons of shots on goal. It's only 1-0, but I love the way the Sabres are playing right now. If they can keep up this type of play for 2 more periods, it would be awesome.

Lots of Sabres' bodies falling down that period. That makes me uncomfortable. They need to come out in the second and finish their checks.

Sabres have bodies falling in every game..

Really like this Sharks team. They seem solid everywhere.

This West Coast Swing has been one good game after the next.

Last season (Dec 08) I went to the game in SJ. There were tons of Sabres fans. We won like 7-2. By the end about half of the crowd was Sabres fans and we were doing the 1..2...3.....7, We Want 8! chant.

Nah, just a realist about what the new new NHL is, and I know what a road game is, too.

It's ok. I've seen the Sabs get some breaks on home ice, too.

In all reality, I'm stuck with the online stream of the Sharks radio broadcast, so I can't see what you guys are referring to. I did, however notice a poster calling some of the calls "ticky tack" and it sounded to me like the refs were being a little quick to call penalties all around.

Sabres have bodies falling in every game..

Really like this Sharks team. They seem solid everywhere.

This West Coast Swing has been one good game after the next.

Mostly Derek Roy, who I swear, just won't sharpen his freaking skates.

Agreed on your other two points: this is a great SJ team (but shouldn't ANY blue-and-gold always prevail over teams named after good ol' Saint Joe?) and, yes, from what I've seen, these games have been great hockey games--except the one in Arizona.

Last season (Dec 08) I went to the game in SJ. There were tons of Sabres fans. We won like 7-2. By the end about half of the crowd was Sabres fans and we were doing the 1..2...3.....7, We Want 8! chant.

I've never been to a Sabres home game, but have been to a Boston home game and noticed that the Sharks home crowd is at least twice as loud. From what I've heard, the Shark Tank is one of, if not the, toughest place for a road team to play.

I've never been to a Sabres home game, but have been to a Boston home game and noticed that the Sharks home crowd is at least twice as loud. From what I've heard, the Shark Tank is one of, if not the, toughest place for a road team to play.

The Bruins have been rivaling Lunesta for years, so I'm not entirely surprised by this. On top of that, I've got a few friends from SF, and they speak very well about the atmosphere at minnow games. One even switched allegiances, but to be fair, he was a Crapitals fan to begin with. (As I've noted before, DC does not have too many real hockey fans. Others may dispute; I saw it first-hand for seven years.)

Archived