GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Anyone else hear a lot more ice level sound last night? Haven't heard it that loud before, I liked it.

You could Monty, when Grier had the puck and was looking for an outlet, yell "Michael, Mike! I'm right here Mike!" and got the pass.

The sounds of Ice hockey are music to my ears...

The Sabres have been winning in spectacular fashion lately in every game setting proving they can do it all. The come from behind win against the Penguins was unreal and for Lindy to focus in on starting off fast and having his team respond immediately speaks volumes. This Sabre team is a talented very well coached force to be reckoned with and team nobody wants to face in the playoffs.

The team did not respond immediately. We were in a poor first period slump for five games. It took Miller and the boys to have a closed-doors meeting after the last home game to talk things over without the coaches there for this slump crap to get trashed.

Besides, after the five minute burst at the beginning of the game we went right back to our regular first period blues for the rest of the period, and shipped a couple of goals to let TB back into the game.

The team did not respond immediately. We were in a poor first period slump for five games. It took Miller and the boys to have a closed-doors meeting after the last home game to talk things over without the coaches there for this slump crap to get trashed.

Besides, after the five minute burst at the beginning of the game we went right back to our regular first period blues for the rest of the period, and shipped a couple of goals to let TB back into the game.

Other teams preach about fast starts also and have a say in what transpires, especially when going up against some of the better teams in the NHL.

BTW, I think the highlight of this game for me was in the 1st (maybe the 2nd) period, Myers separating Stamkos (I think) from the puck in the Sabres' defensive zone with a very solid hit, cleanly taking possession of the puck and then immediately passing it perfectly up ice. That was a Lidstrom-type play.

Nice game. I too didn't have any worries about losing.

Connolly now on a 7 game point streak. BTW he's now played in 82 straight games.

Ruff has now won 465 games with one team, passing Glen Sather to take 3rd place in that category.

Connolly:11 pts last 8 games

Butler: 3pts last 5 games

Hecht: 6 pts last 5 games

Lydman: 3 pts last 5 games

Myers: 4 pts last 5 games

Pominville 8 pts last 9 games

Roy 8 in 10, 11 in 13 games

Now if TV ever got going. :wallbash:

Did you know the Sabres has only lost one reg. game all year by a one goal margin? They are 13-1-4. Lead the league.

Mmmm. Red Bull.

Two small corrections. Connolly has 11 points (5G, 6A) in 7 games. Ruff is 4th and needs 500 total wins to tie for 3rd.

Two small corrections. Connolly has 11 points (5G, 6A) in 7 games. Ruff is 4th and needs 500 total wins to tie for 3rd.

Connolly also has 11 points in 8 games, and 9, and 10, and 11. WTF.

Ruff WAS tied for 4th with Sather until last nights win. Sather had 464 wins with Edmonton.

BTW, I think the highlight of this game for me was in the 1st (maybe the 2nd) period, Myers separating Stamkos (I think) from the puck in the Sabres' defensive zone with a very solid hit, cleanly taking possession of the puck and then immediately passing it perfectly up ice. That was a Lidstrom-type play.

twas,

Its really hard to believe this kids a rookie, what a natural on the ice to be so friggin tall,unbelievable...

I think he's growing again, all the little trips and skate blowouts he's had recently.

:lol: Sure looked like that awkward age thing the few times he flat out stumbled over his own skates however he still does recover faster than any of the other's.

Archived