Chris Butler

stenbaro

You're assuming that Sekera will come out when Butler returns. Sekera has only had less than 20 minutes TOI once in his last six games, when he played 17:37 against Ottawa. Lydman has had more than 15 minutes just once during that stretch, when he played 17:09 against Toronto. Sekera has played 3 or more minutes more in every one of those six than Toni. Which does it seem Lindy is more likely to take out? Heck, Montador and Rivet have typically been on the ice less than Sekera over that stretch.

You're assuming that Sekera will come out when Butler returns. Sekera has only had less than 20 minutes TOI once in his last six games, when he played 17:37 against Ottawa. Lydman has had more than 15 minutes just once during that stretch, when he played 17:09 against Toronto. Sekera has played 3 or more minutes more in every one of those six than Toni. Which does it seem Lindy is more likely to take out. Heck, Montador and Rivet have typically been on the ice less than Sekera over than stretch.

I thought Sekera has been playing well. He needs to be in the lineup every night. I wouldn't play Rivet or Montador over him. Sekera has a long term future with the Sabres as long as he can stay healthy and not slip backwards as was the case earlier in the year.

I thought he's been playing well.. In fact, I don't have any problem with anybody on the defense.. Been a strong point of the team this year.

I dont see it yet..I was at the game last night again and I see alot of flash ont he offensive side with no results.. He made a few plays on defense but he made quite a few bad reads in the d zone that not for lalime wouldve been trouble..I am no fan of his or Lydman for that matter.. 20 minutes of ice time is 7 minutes more than he needs IMO..Of course they had 8 powerplays he played most of the 16 minutes I would guess..The reuslts were troubling to say the least..Staal is an amazing penaltykiller but regardless he needs to produce from his spot..

I thought Sekera has been playing well. He needs to be in the lineup every night. I wouldn't play Rivet or Montador over him. Sekera has a long term future with the Sabres as long as he can stay healthy and not slip backwards as was the case earlier in the year.

People see what they want to see. Sekera is not a problem for this team right now.

I agree. I think Butler's play was slipping for a couple of weeks and having him out of the lineup wasn't necessarily a bad thing.

I thought his decision making was a bit of an issue this year. He was giving up a lot of odd man rushes thanks to poorly timed pinching attempts.

Sekera is a young NHL defenseman with loads of talent and he makes his fair share of young mistakes. But all the defenseman make mistakes. Him and Montadore together scare me, but they seems t get the job done. Butler is better right now, but Lydman and Tallinder might be gone next season so we keep playing Sekera so he is ready.

Archived