[OT] "Born in Buffalo" Advert

That Aud Smell

had someone at work forward the clip to me - have to say i enjoyed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SXxXUOTbO8

these guys had a booth at the erie co. fair this summer - my wife bought a bunch of their "cheerio" t-shirts.

i am thinking about asking her to get me one of their "brett hull" tee's for x-mas.

had someone at work forward the clip to me - have to say i enjoyed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SXxXUOTbO8

these guys had a booth at the erie co. fair this summer - my wife bought a bunch of their "cheerio" t-shirts.

i am thinking about asking her to get me one of their "brett hull" tee's for x-mas.

just went to the site.. those are some great tees, well designed B-Lo tees for a change! perfect, just in time for xmas too!

just went to the site.. those are some great tees, well designed B-Lo tees for a change! perfect, just in time for xmas too!

i love the shirts as well -- they're hip, smart, cool -- in fact, i just noticed the "mckinley's last stop" one -- yikes.

the people for whom these shirts seem perfect are the many, many ex-patriots [EDIT] patriates [thanks, x-checking!] that the buffalo area has (regrettably)exported to new england, the mid-south, the southeast, the southwest, etc.

Wrong foot.

hey - you're right.

the guy in blue has his left foot in the crease at first, but then there's a cut, and when he scores the goal on the kid, it's changed to his right foot. looking at it again, seems like they used the right foot so the kid could slash his foot when he says "2-1".

Love the Corb Lund soundtrack.
Not Corb Lund - I believe that is Stompin' Tom Connors.

stompin' tom wrote the song and performs the version that most of us know.

it's corb lund's cover of the song that plays over the first part of this video.

but as for who does the rockin' version that plays over the end of the video? i'm not sure.

it's corb lund's cover of the song that plays over the first part of this video.

but as for who does the rockin' version that plays over the end of the video? i'm not sure.

Holy cow, you are right! I always thought that was stompin toms voice!

I prefer the version including the stanza about fox tv's flashing puck and bettman myself.

i love the shirts as well -- they're hip, smart, cool -- in fact, i just noticed the "mckinley's last stop" one -- yikes.

the people for whom these shirts seem perfect are the many, many expatriates that the buffalo area has (regrettably)exported to new england, the mid-south, the southeast, the southwest, etc.

Fixed.

Sorry to correct you, but I thought I would help you put in the proper word.

I still relish in the opportunity I had a few years ago to slam Brett Hull and the Dallas Stars when I called into "Hockey This Morning" and sang my own version of The Hockey Song (The Good Old Hockey Game). Just in case a few of you missed it...

99 Cup Finals, 3rd overtime, Dallas at Buffalo

Well, Brett Hull's skate was in the crease when he scored that "No Goal"

They stole the Cup and took it down to that Big D Texas hole

They had their fill with that parade

While Sabres fans were filled with rage

But that's OK,

'cause Dallas has

No titles since that day

OK, yeah it's bad form that I'm patting myself on the back. But hey, I gotta stick up for MBS (My Beloved Sabres) and my fellow Sabres fans.

I still relish in the opportunity I had a few years ago to slam Brett Hull and the Dallas Stars when I called into "Hockey This Morning" and sang my own version of The Hockey Song (The Good Old Hockey Game).

come on, that post requires a media clip of some kind.

Brett Hull is a fat piece of crap.......Good video by the way....... :beer:

agreed on all counts.

EDIT: fwiw, here's the link i just sent to my wife with a wink and a nod about christmas gift ideas.

http://borninbuffalo.net/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=30

Archived