GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

RayFinkle

Ok, any hope we, at least I, had for this team is quickly going away. The Sabres are showing an inability to score. They once dominated teams in shots on goal this season, but now they are barely hanging on. It is very disappointing. Buffalo WILL struggle to make the playoffs. Every point counts...I just hope the puckin Sabres know that.

This has been brutal to watch. This team just can't seem to handle the puck around the net. Conolly, Rivet look awful tonight amongst other's , PP looks awful. They never wrist shoot it from the point. Can't someone teach this team how to shoot a puck on net.

Serves me right for agreeing with PA in this game. :bag:

Wow. What will it take to snap them out of this funk?

Even having their dads around makes no difference.

Grier's back, yet the poor hockey continues.

A trade maybe?

There's been talk, serious gossip now, that Vanek may be traded for Kovalchuck.

Seriously time to make a move. It's now or never. This isn't panic, this is reality.

on a side note. how brutal are the caps commentators? they don't think Ovechkin did anything wrong??

Thats the kind of radical move needed to shake this teams top 6 up. Either that or coach is really all we got. Otherwise if this is what we can expect it's going to be a long maddening season. :wallbash:

This has been brutal to watch. This team just can't seem to handle the puck around the net. Conolly, Rivet look awful tonight amongst other's , PP looks awful. They never wrist shoot it from the point. Can't someone teach this team how to shoot a puck on net.

Serves me right for agreeing with PA in this game. :bag:

Or shoot at all, for that matter. Part of the problem with all 6 of our top forwards is they all want to pass the puck to someone else. I can't remember how many times tonight we just sent an errant pass in front of the crease with no man there instead of trying to get it to another player on the perimeter for a shot. Not one of those top 6 forwards crash the net with any regularity, which is unbelievable since that is where Vanek makes his money, in front of the net.

I'm in Maryland for Thanksgiving and I got to see the game on TV. Wow...is it 2008 again? Talk about sleepwalking through a game! Miller has to be pissed with the effort in front of him. They can't even get one goal now, and without Miller this is 7-0 blowout.

I think Ruff is a great coach and I'm not suggesting he replace him...yet...but the Sabres look like a team in need of a serious kick in the rear from a butt-kickin' coach.

PTR

Archived