GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

RayFinkle

I haven't really watched as much hockey as I would've liked this year, so there's a chance here that I'm being a tad unfair, but :

I can't help having issues with a team that has both Roy, Pominville, and Vanek on the same roster.

It's not so much that these guys can't play hockey, it's their entire attitude.

Like Pominville the other day joking about LeClaire being a good friend after his team just got smoked for who knows which time in how few years by the Sens, to extend their losing streak to three.

There's just something wrong with that picture.

And these guys are supposed to be the fabled "core" everyone speaks of? These guys are supposed to be the leaders? Sorry, I just don't see either ever leading anyone anywhere, though I could easily see all three score 70-80 a season on some other teams second or even third line.

I just get the feeling that they need someone else to lead the way and take responsibility, for them to be at their best.

Either that, or the team has been playing to get Lindy fired since 06-07.

But hey like I said, maybe I'm not being fair and letting some bad memories from seasons past carry over.

There is something wrong with the attitude of at least three players: Pominville, Roy, and Connolly. They are skilled, but they just don't seem to care about winning. They're enjoying "the life" instead. (As I said last year, nothing wrong with that IF the team is winning.) Saturday night, the team got blown out on the road, but that didn't stop Connolly from making it to the Elmwood bars by 1 am and staying out until closing time (according to the bartender; I was not there). There's no gravity to these guys at all, and it's starting to piss me off that a bunch of good players and hard workers are having their season spoiled by three party boys (bois?) who should be among the team leaders.

There is something wrong with the attitude of at least three players: Pominville, Roy, and Connolly. They are skilled, but they just don't seem to care about winning. They're enjoying "the life" instead. (As I said last year, nothing wrong with that IF the team is winning.) Saturday night, the team got blown out on the road, but that didn't stop Connolly from making it to the Elmwood bars by 1 am and staying out until closing time (according to the bartender; I was not there). There's no gravity to these guys at all, and it's starting to piss me off that a bunch of good players and hard workers are having their season spoiled by three party boys (bois?) who should be among the team leaders.

Well that actually explains a lot. If half of your top 6 has that attitude then with the fact there's some truth to; "it only takes one bad apple to spoil the bunch" half our top 6 is the problem as currently constituted. How can management not know/see this and realize that if they don't break that coozy group and attitude up they we be what they are a bunch of underachiever's.

Archived