Creeping Jauronism in the NHL....

ReneRobert

Did we all see this quote?

"It's hard to win in this league," Tocchet said. "Nothing comes easy. We've got to keep pounding that into the guys."

:rolleyes:

hahah..."There are a lot of good teams in this league, that all work hard and prepare hard. Again, it's tough to win."

Tocchet's quote is totally different from anything Jauron says ... it's not an excuse, he says he's trying to "pound it into these guys" that it's not easy, they need to work harder ... Jauron says it to make his guys feel better about themselves, which leads to them thinking everything is OK. HUGE difference.

Tocchet's quote is totally different from anything Jauron says ... it's not an excuse, he says he's trying to "pound it into these guys" that it's not easy, they need to work harder ... Jauron says it to make his guys feel better about themselves, which leads to them thinking everything is OK. HUGE difference.

That principle doesn't just apply to coaching. It applies to all parts of life (but I'm digressing).

Back on topic, Tocchet is right. Making their players understand what it takes to win takes much more than making players feel good about themselves when they're at the bottom of the league.

I planted some Creeping Jauronism last spring. It didn't root and won't bloom, but it's... still there.

I thought Creeping Jauronism sounded more like a jungle disease... You know, the big blonde kid in the WWII movie who escapes the battle with a flesh wound but then contracts Creeping Jauronism and croaks. :D

Archived