Get it right, Sabres Fans...

Hawerchuk

There was no reason to "Boo" Afinogenov last night. Granted, he could never finish many of his chances in a Sabre uniform, was maddly inconsistent but the guy had a very long tenure here and he did compete every night. The player that should have been "booed" relentlessly, is Slava F$&king Kozlov!! He played half assed with Buffalo and completely bad mouthed the Sabres and the city. Fans booing Afino, called out the wrong player.

There was no reason to "Boo" Afinogenov last night. Granted, he could never finish many of his chances in a Sabre uniform, was maddly inconsistent but the guy had a very long tenure here and he did compete every night. The player that should have been "booed" relentlessly, is Slava F{:content:}amp;king Kozlov!! He played half assed with Buffalo and completely bad mouthed the Sabres and the city. Fans booing Afino, called out the wrong player.

Totally agree.

There was no reason to "Boo" Afinogenov last night. Granted, he could never finish many of his chances in a Sabre uniform, was maddly inconsistent but the guy had a very long tenure here and he did compete every night. The player that should have been "booed" relentlessly, is Slava F$&king Kozlov!! He played half assed with Buffalo and completely bad mouthed the Sabres and the city. Fans booing Afino, called out the wrong player.

The paying fan has the right to boo whoever the hell they want to. It's the only outlet a fan has to have their voice heard.

The paying fan has the right to boo whoever the hell they want to. It's the only outlet a fan has to have their voice heard.

Of course they have the right to, I don't think anyone is disputing that. People do lots of idiotic things that they have every right to do.

Of course they have the right to, I don't think anyone is disputing that. People do lots of idiotic things that they have every right to do.

Amen. Just because they paid to go to the hockey game, doesn't mean they know anything about hockey. I don't think most fans know enough about the game. Heck, it's the reason Afinogenov still had fans the last two seasons he's been here, despite showing absolutely nothing worth liking about his game.

Amen. Just because they paid to go to the hockey game, doesn't mean they know anything about hockey. I don't think most fans know enough about the game. Heck, it's the reason Afinogenov still had fans the last two seasons he's been here, despite showing absolutely nothing worth liking about his game.

The reason Max had loyal fans was the fans were ignorant?

The reason Max had loyal fans was the fans were ignorant?

Yes. I can not count the number of fanbois I have come across who think Max was the Sabres best player, their favorite player and an eilte NHL player. He was never any of those things. He's a skater, who like Saturday night, is the blind squirrel finding the nut.

Yes. I can not count the number of fanbois I have come across who think Max was the Sabres best player, their favorite player and an eilte NHL player. He was never any of those things. He's a skater, who like Saturday night, is the blind squirrel finding the nut.

Do you come across a lot of fanbois in daily life? Just accidentally, or do they visit the same interstate rest stop as you?

Do you come across a lot of fanbois in daily life? Just accidentally, or do they visit the same interstate rest stop as you?

Unfortunatley, it's most Sabres fans I meet (in person). One of them called Max "Agenov", deleting two syllables from his name. These types of fans are everywhere, theses types are also the first to boo any former Sabre upon entering the arena. They know nothing about the sport or the players. They don't need to be like us, spending countless hours pontificating over Lindy's use of the backup goalie, but it would be nice if they picked up a program.

Unfortunatley, it's most Sabres fans I meet (in person). One of them called Max "Agenov", deleting two syllables from his name. These types of fans are everywhere, theses types are also the first to boo any former Sabre upon entering the arena. They know nothing about the sport or the players. They don't need to be like us, spending countless hours pontificating over Lindy's use of the backup goalie, but it would be nice if they picked up a program.

The problem is that if you take away these people, there would be 2000 in every arena each night and the league would fold.

One of them called Max "Agenov", deleting two syllables from his name.

Just two? I count four:

Max A-give-a-way-a-genov.

;)

Side note: I agree with the OP and wish Max all the best in his career. He may not have had the skill that some seem to think, but he played hard and gave us some great highlight reel moments. Glad we let him walk, but I don't wish him anything but the best.

Tis true, having to sit with those fans yelling shoot everytime a player enters the offensive zone is frustrating though.

I still don't know which I'd rather deal with, that or the little kid behind me at BU games who kicks me at least 5 times per period. Really, the constant yelling of "SHOOT!" takes about the same mental capacity as the "daddy, I want ice cream" I listen to all game. At least the "SHOOT!" idiots don't kick me constantly. I think I'll go with them.

Archived