Where is Michael Grosek?

HtownSabresFan

As frustrating as Grosek was as a Sabre, he did one thing that was pretty funny / cool a few years after the Sabres traded him. When he was a Bruin (IIRC, might have been as a Ranger) they did the Kiss Cam in the MMarena. They showed him on the Jumbotron and as soon as he realized he was on camera he leaned over and kissed the helmet of the guy sitting next to him. The look on the guy's face was priceless. I thought he was gonna KILL Grosek.

Probably the biggest cheer Grosek ever got in the MMarena

Michal sure had a terrific playoff series in the first round against Philly in 1998, scoring the game winner in overtime in Game 5 in Philly. For that, he deserves to have a place in our hearts forever!

Michal Grosek was an effing machine in that playoff year. I mistakenly bought his jersey following that. What a mistake. Someone who shops at Salvation Army is now wearing that.

I remember the following year he got caught in Ottawa taking a picture with an Ottawa fan who was holding up a "Go Senators" sign. It was in the Ottawa Sun. That was pretty funny.

As frustrating as Grosek was as a Sabre, he did one thing that was pretty funny / cool a few years after the Sabres traded him. When he was a Bruin (IIRC, might have been as a Ranger) they did the Kiss Cam in the MMarena. They showed him on the Jumbotron and as soon as he realized he was on camera he leaned over and kissed the helmet of the guy sitting next to him. The look on the guy's face was priceless. I thought he was gonna KILL Grosek.

Probably the biggest cheer Grosek ever got in the MMarena

I was at a Sabres/Bruins game three years ago and they did the same thing. Hal Gill leaned over and kissed whoever was next to him on the bench. Is this the same game? Gill looked so natural kissing another man.

I was at a Sabres/Bruins game three years ago and they did the same thing. Hal Gill leaned over and kissed whoever was next to him on the bench. Is this the same game? Gill looked so natural kissing another man.

Definitely not the same game. I've seen a few players fake the brokeback thing, but Grosek was the only one I ever saw work it for the crowd.

Archived