Why the Islanders franchise is a joke!

LabattBlue

Do you think the Isles "won" that trade, clear cut? If Connolly puts up 50+ points this year, I'd consider it a wash and possibly a win for Buffalo.

2001-02 New York Islanders NHL 80 25 35 60 62 5 1 0 1 2

2002-03 New York Islanders NHL 66 13 29 42 43 5 0 0 0 4

2003-04 New York Islanders NHL 76 11 29 40 71 5 0 0 0 6

2001-02 Buffalo Sabres NHL 82 10 35 45 34 -- -- -- -- --

2002-03 Buffalo Sabres NHL 80 12 13 25 32 -- -- -- -- --

2005-06 Buffalo Sabres NHL 63 16 39 55 28 8 5 6 11 0

2006-07 Buffalo Sabres NHL 2 1 0 1 2 16 0 9 9 4

2007-08 Buffalo Sabres NHL 48 7 33 40 8 -- -- -- -- --

2008-09 Buffalo Sabres NHL 48 18 29 47 22 -- -- -- -- --

2009-10 Buffalo Sabres NHL 3 1 0 1 0

Obviously, injuries have made this debate debateable :unsure: , I don't think the Sabres got taken in the deal.

Don't forget the other half of that trade. Taylor Pyatt had some productions with the sabres.

2001-02 Buffalo Sabres NHL 48 10 10 20 35 +4

2001-02 Rochester Americans AHL 27 6 4 10 36 -2

2002-03 Buffalo Sabres NHL 78 14 14 28 38 -8

2003-04 Buffalo Sabres NHL 63 8 12 20 25 -7

2004-05 Hammarby IF Stockholm Sweden-2 24 11 9 20 20

2005-06 Buffalo Sabres NHL 41 6 6 12 33 -1 14 0 5 5 10

and we acquired a 4th round draft pick from Vancouver for him. Buffalo traded this 4th round pick (Calgary selected #116 Keith Aulie D) to Calgary for two 5th round picks: #139 (Buffalo selected Bradley Eidsness G) and #147 (Buffalo selected Jean-Simon Allard C).

At this point, I would say its definitely a win for Buffalo.

Don't forget the other half of that trade. Taylor Pyatt had some productions with the sabres.

2001-02 Buffalo Sabres NHL 48 10 10 20 35 +4

2001-02 Rochester Americans AHL 27 6 4 10 36 -2

2002-03 Buffalo Sabres NHL 78 14 14 28 38 -8

2003-04 Buffalo Sabres NHL 63 8 12 20 25 -7

2004-05 Hammarby IF Stockholm Sweden-2 24 11 9 20 20

2005-06 Buffalo Sabres NHL 41 6 6 12 33 -1 14 0 5 5 10

and we acquired a 4th round draft pick from Vancouver for him. Buffalo traded this 4th round pick (Calgary selected #116 Keith Aulie D) to Calgary for two 5th round picks: #139 (Buffalo selected Bradley Eidsness G) and #147 (Buffalo selected Jean-Simon Allard C).

At this point, I would say its definitely a win for Buffalo.

You would consider Allard and Eideness a win for Buffalo??? That pushes this trade in Buffalo's favor?

You would consider Allard and Eideness a win for Buffalo??? That pushes this trade in Buffalo's favor?

No, but Pyatt's production when here plus Connolly's production and the fact that he is still here (at least until his next injury) push this into the Sabres win column. I included the bodies we received in the interest of completeness, as I became curious about what happened to the pick we got for Pyatt.

Love the sarcasim....great job!!

Again..what have the Sabres won? Is Larry Quinn that much better as the man in charge???

Simple question, not answered yet though...

No one can answer a question until you ask it. That said, comparing Quinn to the other owners mentioned is a bit apples-and-oranges since he's only a minority owner (I'm not really sure how the power balances out in Tampa, but who is). But anyway, I'd say that anyone would have a hard time trying to convince the masses that Buffalo is in worse shape under then Golisano ownership than Tampa or the Islanders currently are. Boston's a much tougher one to answer since Jacobs has been in place much longer than any other owner mentioned here. No matter which way you lean on that one, there's one basic truth in play here for the 4 teams that have been mentioned. Buffalo and Boston's names are never mentioned in relocation speculation.

No one can answer a question until you ask it. That said, comparing Quinn to the other owners mentioned is a bit apples-and-oranges since he's only a minority owner (I'm not really sure how the power balances out in Tampa, but who is). But anyway, I'd say that anyone would have a hard time trying to convince the masses that Buffalo is in worse shape under then Golisano ownership than Tampa or the Islanders currently are. Boston's a much tougher one to answer since Jacobs has been in place much longer than any other owner mentioned here. No matter which way you lean on that one, there's one basic truth in play here for the 4 teams that have been mentioned. Buffalo and Boston's names are never mentioned in relocation speculation.

Understood....

Buffalo's name is not mentioned in relocation for now...but still a shaky economic climate here...also factor in the billionare to the north Baisille. We are never a sure thing to stay either. I hope the Isles stay in NY. They have a great tradition there...esp the Arbour years. Tampa can go wherever for all I care. Hockey belongs in the north.

I have enjoyed the debate none the less. Have a great day.

Understood....

Buffalo's name is not mentioned in relocation for now...but still a shaky economic climate here...also factor in the billionare to the north Baisille. We are never a sure thing to stay either. I hope the Isles stay in NY. They have a great tradition there...esp the Arbour years. Tampa can go wherever for all I care. Hockey belongs in the north.

I have enjoyed the debate none the less. Have a great day.

If they can't get an arena, the Isles are gone. What real incentive does the state have to front the money it would take to get something done there? Tradition doesn't have any impact on that and it shouldn't. I don't know how they can get something done there, especially as long as Wang is running the show.

And I can't believe I've made it this far without saying this... hehe, Wang.

If they can't get an arena, the Isles are gone. What real incentive does the state have to front the money it would take to get something done there? Tradition doesn't have any impact on that and it shouldn't. I don't know how they can get something done there, especially as long as Wang is running the show.

Please, some of us like the fact that the Bills are here, and you're treading on sensitive territory with that. (Except the Bills don't have a Wang. They have a Dick.)

Haha wow. Those are some insane facts.

How they could part with Chara in particular is astounding. While the others may have been difficult to ascertain their true talent potential at a young age, Chara was always a towering physical presence. His body alone would have prevented any sensible GM in parting with him.

I think they mentioned this during the game yesterday too when they were talking about Myers, but Chara was not that great a skater when he first came to the NHL, he was kinda slow, and clumsy, as opposed to the mad skills Myers is showing in puck handling and vision in breaking forward

Archived