Theo Fluery was abused by Graham James

millbank

Theo Fleury abused by former Coach

Just some quotes from article:

“The direct result of my being abused was that I became a f—ing raging, alcoholic lunatic,” he writes in Playing with Fire, an autobiography to be released this week, and provided in advance to Maclean’s. “[James] destroyed my belief system. The most influential adult in my life at the time was telling me that what I thought was wrong was right.

“I no longer had faith in myself or my own judgment. And when you come down to it, that’s all a person has. Once it’s gone, how do you get it back?”

-

Theo Fleury abused by former Coach

Just some quotes from article:

“The direct result of my being abused was that I became a f—ing raging, alcoholic lunatic,” he writes in Playing with Fire, an autobiography to be released this week, and provided in advance to Maclean’s. “[James] destroyed my belief system. The most influential adult in my life at the time was telling me that what I thought was wrong was right.

“I no longer had faith in myself or my own judgment. And when you come down to it, that’s all a person has. Once it’s gone, how do you get it back?”

-

Not a shocker. Kennedy's story pretty much laid it out that Theo was the other abused NHLer.

Hopefully he can get his head back on straight. What a horrible person James was/is. The lowest kind of scum.

Not a shocker. Kennedy's story pretty much laid it out that Theo was the other abused NHLer.

Hopefully he can get his head back on straight. What a horrible person James was/is. The lowest kind of scum.

Like Polansky, though he is allowed to exist in Europe. The story relates that he still coaches there.

Like Polansky, though he is allowed to exist in Europe. The story relates that he still coaches there.

Roman Polanski coaches junior hockey in Europe???

Just Kidding.

This is extremely sad.

Fleury was always one of my favorite players.

He was always on my SEGA NHL 94 teams.

A tremendous career intertwined with serious mental/ drug/ alcohol problems.

Imagine what he could have accomplished on top of his now 'hall-of-fame' credentials. Wow.

It appears he has finally come to grips with his demons and I wish him the best.

There will be more players publicly awknowledge abuses in the future.

Hopefully it is cleansing and beneficial for all the individuals involved.

I believe that Don Cherry said it best about Graham James when he said he should be 'drawn and quartered'.

That guy can rot in hell.

These so called men who sexually abuse youngsters is one of the things in life that frost me. Seriously guys like James should be castrated on the spot. Sickening.

The only cure for sex offenders is a 25 cent bullet behind the ear. The recidivism rate is astounding.

Including Tallinder? Not that it would hurt our defense.

I get the point, but let's not even compare Tallinder to Graham James. Tallinder had a gangbang and from all accounts it seemed to be with consenting adults.

Graham James, on the other hand, is a sex offender who goes after young children and minors. There is no way you can make a comparison here. He is using his position of authority as a head coach and forcing himself on his players. I cannot even fathom the psychological impact this could have on a human and now Fleury's drug and alcohol problems make so much sense in the context of the whole story. This is another terrible story from a terrible human being who should rot in hell.

I get the point, but let's not even compare Tallinder to Graham James. Tallinder had a gangbang and from all accounts it seemed to be with consenting adults.

Graham James, on the other hand, is a sex offender who goes after young children and minors. There is no way you can make a comparison here. He is using his position of authority as a head coach and forcing himself on his players. I cannot even fathom the psychological impact this could have on a human and now Fleury's drug and alcohol problems make so much sense in the context of the whole story. This is another terrible story from a terrible human being who should rot in hell.

not familiar with the tallinder story. Inquiring minds want to know!

Just googled it and found the reference. Must have missed it due to the lockout. Frankly, I'm surprised he was with a woman. Bet he was the caboose on that train!

I don't care how hot that chick was, can't understand the attraction of 3 roosters vs 1 hen, but to each his own, I guess.

Just googled it and found the reference. Must have missed it due to the lockout. Frankly, I'm surprised he was with a woman. Bet he was the caboose on that train!

I don't care how hot that chick was, can't understand the attraction of 3 roosters vs 1 hen, but to each his own, I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsMFN4PWdXM

Something's missing... I miss Seinfeld. George's Father's (hmm can't ever remember typing two possessives in a row, what say you spelling nazis) character was only second best to George.

My preferences in order best character to least favorite

George

George's Dad

Kozmo

Elaine

Jerry

Jerry's Father

George's Mom

Jerry's Mother

Archived