[OT] Tim Horton's vs. Dunkin Donuts

darksabre

77 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer overall?

• Tim Horton's
    • Dunkin Donuts
    • Other (specify)

he.

I hear ya bro. I've borne the brunt of insults of people with paper hats too. I once went to a burger joint in Florida and ordered three chili dogs. The guy goes

"Is that all for you?" It's a bit more subtle of a put-down than yours was but I'm constantly amazed at how rude people have gotten.

I also thought it was a bit funny, 'cause the guy that made the comment wasn't too much smaller than me! Eating into the profits, no doubt.. :D

Coffee - hands down timmy ho's...I'm addicted to their "top secret" creamer.

Donuts - edge to DD

Bagels w/cream cheese - edge to DD, close decision.

Lunch - including sandwches/soup/chili - another blowout for timmy ho's

Store hours/service - Complete shutout for timmy ho's.

note to DD...you actually need to make fresh product once in a while and stay open past 9 or 10pm.

Timmy Ho's rocks...Dunkin Donuts is way overpriced and their flatbread sandwiches are terrible...

Tim Horton's doesn't do as well in other parts of the countries yet. We were recently visiting my inlaws in Ohio and they had just built a Tim Horton's there. It was the emptiest Tim Horton's I had ever seen. At 8AM I was the only person in the drive thru or in the store. The Ice Cap I got there tho was just as good as any here, and I had my liquid cocaine fix for the day...

• 2 weeks later...

I voted for Tim's. The problem with DD is that they repeatedly have inventory issues. I'd like a plain bagel...Sorry we don't have any. Next visit, I'd like an order of hash browns...We don't have any. Next visit, I'd like a diet pepsi...we're out.

To make it even worse, they take my order and then wait until I get up to the minute to proclaim that they don't have any of <fill in the blank>. This problem was also at several stores.

4 DD's in WNY just closed in the last month or so and I expect TH to eventually cause more of them to shutter their doors.

PS I think the best doughnuts in WNY are from Tops!

Admittedly, I haven't read all the posts on this thread, so I don't know if Krispy Kreme was mentioned. I remember that they had the store on Walden Ave. across from Walden Galleria near Jim's Truck Stop. Then, a few months ago, I saw that it was boarded up. KK just does not have the appeal that Timmy's does and most of its roots are in the South (which is not a bad thing, but Northern and Southern tastes are two entirely different things).

Now, in all seriousness, I don't know if a Tim Horton's will ever come to central VA. I think it's highly unlikely, given that Lynchburg is not a hockey hotbed (although Liberty University does have its own hockey team). However, I can imagine that all of the Canadian students that go there would be thrilled to death if a Tim Horton's ever opened up there in Jerryville.

As for DD, when I lived in Batavia, I would occasionally go to the one there. I don't know what they did to those Koharskis, but whoever made them put way too much "waxy" stuff to where there was an extremely annoying film of grease and wax on the roof of my mouth. I guess this is overstating the obvious when I say that I didn't frequent the place that much.

Archived