[OT] Anchor Bar may be coming to Rochacha

inkman

The hotel (name help - Hampton??) on the corner of Chippewa and Delaware puts you into the 'district' mix - right out your window actually.

You can't go wrong with the Hyatt though.

Pearl Street Grill is great pre-game.

Buffalo experience???

• Get into an argument with your girlfriend/ wife on the way there.
  • Choke down a fish fry or wings and beer at the Swannie House prior. Walk to the game.
  • Enjoy the pre-game skate apart while she is at the 300 level seats.
  • The pre game video board presentation. (Thanks to the new sound system, you will miss Sabretooth's descent from the rafters...sorry)
  • "Street Fighting Man" (& goosebumps if you are like me - still from 2006 playoffs)
  • Player introductions - Rrrrrryaaaannnnnn Miller.
  • Doug Brown with the anthems - a staple.
  • Big Labatts - one per period, you puss - it's mandatory.
  • Second period - continue argument over beer # 2.
  • Late second period - nachos (with the peppers, you puss - no offense) or the crappy popcorn.
  • Second intermission - feign happiness while running into cousins or people from her work in the atrium.
  • Third period - reconcile for real while making the 'kiss-cam'
  • Head out after OT or shoot-out win (!)- they'll be close exiting games this year (and three star selections - mandatory).
  • Get wings (if you did not have them for dinner) on your way home - she can drive (you've had 3+ beers) or get wings again either way!
  • Option # 2 is Mighty Taco drive-thru - get the mighty or super pack - you'll eat the rest tomorrow for lunch.
  • Since you are on good terms, BM and freshen up for the make-up sex.
  • Set the alarm after, you have to work Saturday to afford the damn Sabres tix (sorry -too much Buffalo experience for you).
  • No, after the game should be some nice experience like The Chz mentioned. Cobblestone is a good choice.
  • Skip Dave & Buster's for a visit to some other city.
  • Get breakfast up at the Towne or Pano's in the AM.
  • Albright-Knox Art Gallery or the new one across the street, Saturday afternoon.
  • Go see live music somewhere in the evening in the city.
  • Peruse the Elmwood Strip, a slice at Casa Di Pizza and a drink over at Faherty's (especially if the garage doors are open).
  • Skip the Anchor Bar.
  • Stay until Sunday and mix in a Bills game for the full Buffalo experience - it's a riot out there (a good riot).

'Nuff Said.

2 comments: Who is Doug Brown? Is that the mayor's brother? (The anthem singer is Doug Allen. ;) )

After the win, you HAVE to stick around for Gilbert singing.

We always stay here. It's right on the corner of Main and Chippewa where the train comes to take you to the arena. Always have had a great time.

There is an Embassy Suites one block off of Delaware and Chippewa now, too. Opened last week.

The hotel (name help - Hampton??) on the corner of Chippewa and Delaware puts you into the 'district' mix - right out your window actually.

You can't go wrong with the Hyatt though.

Pearl Street Grill is great pre-game.

Buffalo experience???

• Get into an argument with your girlfriend/ wife on the way there.
  • Choke down a fish fry or wings and beer at the Swannie House prior. Walk to the game.
  • Enjoy the pre-game skate apart while she is at the 300 level seats.
  • The pre game video board presentation. (Thanks to the new sound system, you will miss Sabretooth's descent from the rafters...sorry)
  • "Street Fighting Man" (& goosebumps if you are like me - still from 2006 playoffs)
  • Player introductions - Rrrrrryaaaannnnnn Miller.
  • Doug Brown with the anthems - a staple.
  • Big Labatts - one per period, you puss - it's mandatory.
  • Second period - continue argument over beer # 2.
  • Late second period - nachos (with the peppers, you puss - no offense) or the crappy popcorn.
  • Second intermission - feign happiness while running into cousins or people from her work in the atrium.
  • Third period - reconcile for real while making the 'kiss-cam'
  • Head out after OT or shoot-out win (!)- they'll be close exiting games this year (and three star selections - mandatory).
  • Get wings (if you did not have them for dinner) on your way home - she can drive (you've had 3+ beers) or get wings again either way!
  • Option # 2 is Mighty Taco drive-thru - get the mighty or super pack - you'll eat the rest tomorrow for lunch.
  • Since you are on good terms, BM and freshen up for the make-up sex.
  • Set the alarm after, you have to work Saturday to afford the damn Sabres tix (sorry -too much Buffalo experience for you).
  • No, after the game should be some nice experience like The Chz mentioned. Cobblestone is a good choice.
  • Skip Dave & Buster's for a visit to some other city.
  • Get breakfast up at the Towne or Pano's in the AM.
  • Albright-Knox Art Gallery or the new one across the street, Saturday afternoon.
  • Go see live music somewhere in the evening in the city.
  • Peruse the Elmwood Strip, a slice at Casa Di Pizza and a drink over at Faherty's (especially if the garage doors are open).
  • Skip the Anchor Bar.
  • Stay until Sunday and mix in a Bills game for the full Buffalo experience - it's a riot out there (a good riot).

'Nuff Said.

Wow, all that and only one trip to the bathroom. You are truly magnificent. :worthy:

Now,- LET'S - PLAY - SOME - HOCKEY!!!

There is an Embassy Suites one block off of Delaware and Chippewa now, too. Opened last week.

I'll have to check it out. The Comfort inn reviews leave me wondering if there are some angry reviewers out there with an axe to grind.

BTW thanks again everyone for all the advice.

Wow, all that and only one trip to the bathroom. You are truly magnificent. :worthy:

Now,- LET'S - PLAY - SOME - HOCKEY!!!

The in-game bathroom trips were unintentionally omitted (plus I am old and there are many). I was trying to focus on the important items.

My bad....Doug Brown???...I meant Allen, I don't know where I came up with Brown.

I do think there was a former NHLer, maybe a Sabre?, maybe a defensemen???

Forgot about Bert singing after the three stars - it is mandatory as well.

The one thing I really don't like is what Chz brought up - the "Now,- LET'S - PLAY - SOME - HOCKEY!!!"

Who is that, Rich Wall???

I just don't care for it.

Others?:

• "Brown Sugar" - "I said yeah, yeah, yeah, WOOO!!!" after Buffalo goals.
  • Whatever version of 'Dirty Water' that they play right before the third period - "Buffalo, you're my home" - (not really ours - but it works)
  • The Goo Goo Dolls version of the INXS song 'Don't change' during the pre-game warm-ups.
  • Marty Biron on the tron' siinging 'Sweet Caroline' - even though I wish they would not play that here at all - it's the Red Sox' ting.
  • Going home jaded after a loss, waking up the next day still aggravated by the game. (Same for some Fall sunday evenings...)
  • The buzz, the goosebumps and butterflies during the anthems at home playoff games - amazing!
  • Drury waving to the crowd after Alfredsson's goal two years ago. I really think he was trying to make eye contact with all of us left saluting them and him - the writing was on the proverbial wall...

Don't mean to go off on tangents here...

In a completely related/unrelated topic I have heard with good certainty that Dinosaur BBQ is headed to Buffalo, the actual location is currently unknown though.

To follow up on this, Brad Riter had someone on from Business First that said the Dino was very interested in having a location in Buffalo, and it just might be on Canal Side.

Archived